The Cincinnati Reds (21-29) visit the Chicago Cubs (22-27) in NL Central play, at 2:20 PM ET on Friday.
The Cubs are the home favorite (-146) versus the Reds (+125). The total in the game is set at 6.5 total runs.
The betting facts in the following article reflect odds as of May 26, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Cubs vs Reds Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Cubs Betting Insights
- This season, the Cubs have been favored 20 times and won 10, or 50%, of those games.
- This season Chicago has won four of its seven games when favored by at least -146 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 59.3% chance of a victory for the Cubs.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 23 of 43 opportunities.
- The Cubs have an ATS record of 23-20-0 in 43 games with a spread this season.
Cubs Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.3|
Reds Betting Insights
- The Reds have been underdogs in 35 games this season and have come away with the win 14 times (40%) in those contests.
- Cincinnati has a win-loss record of 8-14 when favored by +125 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Reds have a 44.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over in 24 of its 44 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 44 games with a line this season, the Reds have a mark of 26-18-0 against the spread.
Reds Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.6|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Cubs or Reds, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Cubs Probable Pitcher – Justin Steele
- Steele and his team have a record of 6-3-0 against the spread when he starts.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six scoreless innings against the Philadelphia Phillies while allowing four hits.
- Steele has 10 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Steele’s team has won 75% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (3-1).
- In games Steele has started, his team is 6-4.
- Games started by Steele have a 5-4-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Cubs Relief Pitchers
|Mark Leiter Jr.||18||20.1||31||1.77||8||2|
Reds Probable Pitcher – Hunter Greene
- Greene (0-4) gets the starting nod for the Reds in his 11th start of the season. He has a 4.68 ERA in 50 2/3 innings pitched, with 69 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the New York Yankees, when he went seven innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Greene has put up six starts this year where he pitched five or more innings.
- The Reds have a 1-3 record in Greene’s four starts this season when they were the moneyline underdog.
- Over Greene’s 10 starts, his team is 2-8.
- Greene has had eight starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in three of those matchups.
Reds Relief Pitchers
Cubs Hitting Trends
- The Cubs have a 10-10 record this season in games when they hit two or more home runs.
- Chicago has racked up five or more extra-base hits in 10 games this season, and has gone 8-2 in those outings.
- The team has racked up at least eight hits in 38 games this season, and is 27-11 in those contests.
- Chicago is 20-4 in games this season when it put up at least five runs.
- The Cubs are 9-11 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Reds Hitting Trends
- They have won 11 of the 13 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- Cincinnati has gone 11-3 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- They have a record of 26-15 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Cincinnati has won 28 of its 33 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- In 20 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 6-14
Cubs vs. Reds Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Cubs (-146)
Over/Under Pick: Over (6.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.