The Los Angeles Dodgers (31-20) will look to Freddie Freeman, on a 14-game hitting streak, against the Tampa Bay Rays (37-15) at 6:40 PM ET on Friday, at Tropicana Field.
The Rays are a tight favorite (-117 moneyline odds to win) when they square off against the Dodgers (-101). The matchup has an over/under set at 9 total runs.
The insights in what follows reflect odds as of May 26, 2023 at 3:15 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Rays vs Dodgers Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Rays Betting Insights
- This season, the Rays have won 26 out of the 38 games, or 68.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- This season Tampa Bay has won 26 of its 35 games, or 74.3%, when favored by at least -117 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 53.9%.
- Tampa Bay’s games have gone over the total in 27 of its 45 chances.
- The Rays have an ATS record of 25-20-0 in 45 games with a spread this season.
Rays Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.0|
Dodgers Betting Insights
- The Dodgers have been underdogs in eight games this season and have come away with the win four times (50%) in those contests.
- Los Angeles has a win-loss record of 3-4 when favored by -101 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 50.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 25 of its 43 opportunities.
- The Dodgers are 25-18-0 against the spread in their 43 games that had a posted line this season.
Dodgers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.9|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Rays or Dodgers, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Rays Probable Pitcher – Jalen Beeks
- When Beeks starts, his team is 1-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed two innings while giving up one earned run on one hit in a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Beeks has yet to pitch five or more innings in any of his six starts this season. He averages 1.4 frames per outing.
- Beeks’ team has won 20% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (1-4).
- Beeks’ team is 2-4 when he starts this season.
- Games Beeks has started this season hit the over three times in six chances.
Rays Relief Pitchers
Dodgers Probable Pitcher – Noah Syndergaard
- Syndergaard makes the start for the Dodgers, his 10th of the season. He is 1-3 with a 5.88 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 41 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday, the right-hander tossed five innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Syndergaard is looking to secure his sixth start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- The Dodgers were the moneyline underdog for two Syndergaard starts this season — they lost both.
- Syndergaard’s team has a 4-5 record in his starts this season.
- Syndergaard has started eight games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in five of them.
Dodgers Relief Pitchers
Rays Hitting Trends
- The Rays have hit two or more homers in 32 games this season, and are 23-9 in those outings.
- Tampa Bay is 19-2 in games this season when it has had five or more extra-base hits.
- The club has totaled at least eight hits 47 times this season, and has a 30-17 record in those games.
- Tampa Bay is 31-12 in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Rays have drawn at least five walks in 16 games this season, and are 13-3 in those contests.
Dodgers Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 28 games this season and are 23-5 in those matchups.
- In 19 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 14-5.
- They have won 25 of the 32 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Los Angeles has a 26-6 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- They have won 22 of their 29 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Rays vs. Dodgers Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Rays (-117)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.