The Arizona Diamondbacks (29-21) will look for Lourdes Gurriel Jr. to extend a 13-game hitting streak versus the Boston Red Sox (26-24), on Friday at 9:40 PM ET, at Chase Field.
The Diamondbacks (+111 underdog moneyline odds) take the field at home against the Red Sox (-130). The game’s over/under is set at 9.
The insights in the article below reflect odds as of May 26, 2023 at 9:15 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Red Sox vs Diamondbacks Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Red Sox Betting Insights
- The Red Sox have entered the game as favorites 12 times this season and won seven, or 58.3%, of those games.
- Boston has a record of 2-1 when favored by -130 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Red Sox have a 56.5% chance to win.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 26 of 43 opportunities.
- The Red Sox are 26-17-0 ATS in their 43 games with a spread this season.
Red Sox Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.7|
Diamondbacks Betting Insights
- The Diamondbacks have come away with 13 wins in the 21 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Arizona has come away with a win nine times in 15 chances when named as an underdog of at least +111 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 47.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over in 21 of its 42 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Diamondbacks are 24-18-0 against the spread in their 42 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.0|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Red Sox or Diamondbacks, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Red Sox Probable Pitcher – Chris Sale
- Sale and his team are 4-3-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed seven innings while giving up two earned runs on three hits in a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- Sale will look to finish five or more innings for the seventh start in a row.
- Sale’s team is 1-2 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline favorite.
- Sale’s team has won six of his nine starts this season.
- In Sale’s seven starts with a total, the teams have hit the over three times.
Red Sox Relief Pitchers
Diamondbacks Probable Pitcher – Brandon Pfaadt
- Pfaadt (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Diamondbacks in his fifth start of the season. He has a 7.65 ERA in 20 2/3 innings pitched, with 14 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the righty threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing six hits.
- Pfaadt will look to build on a four-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.0 innings per appearance).
- The Diamondbacks were the moneyline underdog for three Pfaadt starts this season — they won every time.
- Pfaadt’s team is 3-1 over his four starts.
- Pfaadt’s starts hit the over on the run total one time in four games with a set total this season.
Diamondbacks Relief Pitchers
Red Sox Hitting Trends
- The Red Sox have hit at least two homers in 19 games this season, and are 12-7 in those outings.
- Boston has collected at least five extra-base hits in 16 games this season, and has gone 10-6 in those contests.
- The team is 20-16 in the games this season it has totaled eight or more hits.
- Boston is 23-7 in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Red Sox have gone 9-7 in the 16 games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Diamondbacks Hitting Trends
- They have won 16 of the 22 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- In 17 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 13-4.
- They have a record of 31-10 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- In 36 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 30-6.
- They have a 11-11 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Red Sox vs. Diamondbacks Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Diamondbacks (+111)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.