The Round of 128 at the French Open is set for Monday, with Taro Daniel, the No. 112-ranked player, matching up with Christopher O’Connell, the No. 77-ranked player.
Tune in to Tennis Channel to take in the action as O’Connell attempts to take down Daniel.
In his most recent match, O’Connell was defeated by Grigor Dimitrov on May 25, 2023, 7-6, 5-7, 4-6 in the quarterfinals of the Gonet Geneva Open. Daniel is coming off a three-set loss in his last match on May 8, 2023, in the qualifying round of the Internazionali BNL d’Italia, 6-0, 2-6, 4-6 versus Emilio Nava.
DIRECTV STREAM has live sports, including tennis, as well as entertainment & On Demand TV.
French Open Info
- Tournament: The French Open
- Round: Round of 128
- Date: Monday, May 29
- TV Channel: Tennis Channel
- Venue: Stade Roland Garros
- Court Surface: Clay
Catch tennis matches on DIRECTV STREAM – sign up here!
Christopher O’Connell vs Taro Daniel Stats Comparison
|Christopher O’Connell||Taro Daniel|
|15-14||2023 Match Record||12-11|
|34-36||2023 Set Record||30-29|
|5||2022 Aces Per Match||2.1|
|55||2022 Break Points Won||36|
Christopher O’Connell Recent Stats & Performance
- In the the Gonet Geneva Open, O’Connell’s last tournament, he was beaten in the quarterfinals 7-6, 5-7, 4-6 by No. 33-ranked Dimitrov on May 25.
- O’Connell has a match record of 8-5 on clay this year.
- O’Connell has played 28 matches in his past 10 tournaments, including all court surfaces, and 25.3 games per match (34 in best-of-five matches).
- In his past 10 tournaments, O’Connell has won 79.5% of his service games and 22.1% on his opponent’s serve.
- O’Connell has converted 54 of 151 break points in his past 10 tournaments (35.8%).
- O’Connell has picked up 135 aces (4.8 per match) and 39 double faults (1.4 per match) in his past 10 tournaments.
Taro Daniel Recent Stats & Performance
- In the Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Daniel’s last tournament, he went head to head with No. 171-ranked Nava in the qualification round 1 on May 8 and was beaten 6-0, 2-6, 4-6.
- Daniel has registered a 1-4 record in four tournaments on clay in 2023.
- Daniel has played 22 matches over his last 10 tournaments (across all court surfaces), and 24.1 games per match (36 in best-of-five matches).
- Daniel has won 25.3% of his return games over his last 10 tournaments, and 71.4% of his service games.
- Daniel has converted 36 of 84 break points (42.9%) over his last 10 tournaments.
- Over his last 10 tournaments, Daniel is averaging 2.2 aces (48 total) and 1.1 double faults (25 total) per match.