The Western Michigan Broncos (6-11, 2-2 MAC) will visit the Ball State Cardinals (12-5, 3-1 MAC) after dropping six consecutive road games. It begins at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cardinals’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Broncos ( ).
This article makes reference to lines current as of January 17, 2023 at 5:44 PM ET. Find all the up-to-date odds for this matchup in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Ball State Vs Western Michigan Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Ball State (-9.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (146)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Ball State Vs Western Michigan Stat Rankings
|Ball State Avg. (Rank)||Western Michigan Avg. (Rank)|
|76.5 (76th)||Points Scored||72.2 (165th)|
|67 (119th)||Points Allowed||72.9 (278th)|
|34.6 (146th)||Rebounds||36.8 (62nd)|
|10.2 (136th)||Off. Rebounds||11.9 (30th)|
|7.1 (220th)||3pt Made||8 (128th)|
|12.8 (226th)||Assists||13.3 (191st)|
|11.8 (129th)||Turnovers||12.4 (189th)|
Ball State Vs Western Michigan Betting Trends
- The Cardinals’ record against the spread is 9-6-0.
- Ball State is 3-1 as 9.5-point favorites or more.
- The Cardinals have seen seven of their 15 games hit the over.
- Ball State’s games have finished with more than 146 points seven times so far this year.
- The over/under in this game is 146 points, 2.5 higher than the average total in Cardinals games this season.
- Western Michigan’s record against the spread is 7-7-0.
- The Broncos’ ATS record as 9.5-point underdogs or greater is 5-2.
- Out of 15 Ball State’s games so far this season, seven have gone over the total.
- Broncos games have finished with over 146 points scored seven times this year.
- Western Michigan’s games average 145.2 total points, 0.8 less than the total for this matchup.
Best Betting Sites For Ball State vs Western Michigan
Ball State Impact Players
- Payton Sparks is tops on the Cardinals at 8.1 rebounds per game, while also posting 2.1 assists and 13.1 points.
- Demarius Jacobs averages 12.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 3.1 assists per contest. Defensively, he delivers 1.4 steals and 1.6 blocked shots.
- Jaylin Sellers is posting 13.9 points, 0.9 assists and 4.3 rebounds per contest.
- Mickey Pearson Jr puts up 6.9 points, 5.4 rebounds and 0.6 assists per contest. At the other end, he delivers 0.6 steals and 0.5 blocked shots.
Western Michigan Impact Players
- Markeese Hastings paces the Broncos in rebounding (10.1 per game), and produces 7.4 points and 1.9 assists. He also posts 0.9 steals and 0.5 blocked shots.
- Tray Maddox is putting up 12.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game, making 44.6% of his shots from the field and 33.3% from beyond the arc, with 1.8 treys per contest.
- Titus Wright is averaging 8.3 points, 4.9 rebounds and 0.4 assists per game, making 62.4% of his shots from the floor.
- JaVaughn Hannah gives the Broncos 6.9 points, 3.3 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game. He also posts 0.5 steals and 0.2 blocked shots.