The Washington Capitals travel to face the Edmonton Oilers on Monday, December 5, with the Oilers unbeaten in three consecutive home games. The latest betting lines reveal that the Capitals areon the moneyline and the Oilers are to win this matchup. The total has been set at in this matchup.
The betting insights in the following article reference odds valid as of December 5, 2022 at 5:22 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Oilers Vs Capitals Betting Odds
Injury Report as of December 5
Oilers: Evander Kane: Out (Wrist), Mike Smith: Out (Undisclosed), Warren Foegele: Out (Undisclosed), Ryan McLeod: Out (Undisclosed)
Capitals: Tom Wilson: Out (Knee), Dmitry Orlov: Out (Lower Body), Connor Brown: Out (Knee), Darcy Kuemper: Questionable (Upper Body), Carl Hagelin: Out (Hip), Nicklas Backstrom: Out (Hip), Beck Malenstyn: Out (Finger), Martin Fehervary: Out (Upper Body)
|Total Pick||Over (6.5)|
|Spread Pick||Capitals (+1.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Oilers Vs Capitals Team Stats
|Oilers Avg. (Rank)||Capitals Avg. (Rank)|
|3.48 (8th)||Goals Scored||2.73 (27th)|
|3.60 (26th)||Goals Allowed||3.12 (16th)|
|31.8 (13th)||Shots||29.7 (28th)|
|32.9 (22nd)||Shots Allowed||30.9 (11th)|
Oilers Key Players
Best Betting Sites For Oilers vs Capitals
Capitals Key Players
- The Oilers have gone 8-7 when listed as a moneyline favorite this season.
- Based on this game’s moneyline, the Oilers’ implied win probability is 61.8%.
- The Capitals have been an underdog in 19 games this season, and won six (31.6%).
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 42.6% chance of victory for the Capitals.
- Edmonton and its opponent have gone over 6.5 combined goals in 17 of 25 games this season.
- Washington has combined with its opponent to score more than 6.5 goals in 10 of 26 games this season.