The No. 1 North Carolina Tar Heels (4-0) will attempt to build on a four-game winning run when visiting the Portland Pilots (4-2) on Thursday, November 24, 2022 at Moda Center. It airs at 1:00 PM ET on ESPN. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tar Heels’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Pilots ( ).
This article makes reference to betting data updated as of November 24, 2022 at 1:45 PM ET. See all the up-to-date odds for this contest in the table below and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
North Carolina Vs Portland Betting Lines
|Spread Pick||Portland (+13)|
|Total Pick||Under (152.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
North Carolina Vs Portland Stat Rankings (2021-22)
|North Carolina Avg. (Rank)||Portland Avg. (Rank)|
|77.9 (29th)||Points Scored||73.9 (97th)|
|71.3 (242nd)||Points Allowed||73.2 (281st)|
|41.2 (6th)||Rebounds||35.4 (157th)|
|11.5 (61st)||Off. Rebounds||8.3 (294th)|
|8.4 (86th)||3pt Made||7.8 (141st)|
|14.9 (63rd)||Assists||14.2 (101st)|
|11.3 (90th)||Turnovers||12.7 (227th)|
North Carolina Vs Portland Betting Trends
- The Tar Heels’ record against the spread last year was 22-16-1.
- North Carolina won once ATS (1-6) as a 13-point favorite or greater last season.
- Last year, 22 of the Tar Heels’ 39 games hit the over.
- In 19 games last year North Carolina and its opponent combined for more than 152.5 points.
- The over/under for this game is 152.5 points, 3.3 more than the average point total for Tar Heels games a year ago.
- Portland’s record against the spread last season was 19-11-2.
- The Pilots had an ATS record of 4-2-1 as underdogs of 13 points or more last season.
- There were 15 Portland games (out of 33) that hit the over last year.
- Pilots games had more than 152.5 points 10 times last season.
- Portland’s games averaged 147.1 total points last season, 5.4 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Best Betting Sites For North Carolina vs Portland
North Carolina Impact Players
- Armando Bacot paced the Tar Heels with 16.3 points per game and 13.1 rebounds (third in the country) last season, while also averaging 1.5 assists.
- Brady Manek put up 15.1 points, 6.1 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game last season. Defensively, he delivered 0.6 steals and 0.7 blocks.
- Caleb Love led the Tar Heels at 3.6 assists per contest last season, while also posting 3.4 rebounds and 15.9 points.
- RJ Davis paced the Tar Heels at 3.6 assists per contest last season, while also putting up 4.3 rebounds and 13.5 points.
- Leaky Black posted 4.9 points, 2.7 assists and 4.3 rebounds per contest last season.
Portland Impact Players
- Moses Wood is the Pilots’ top rebounder (7.6 per game), and he delivers 13.8 points and 1.8 assists.
- The Pilots get 12.2 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game from Kristian Sjolund.
- Chika Nduka is posting 6.7 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.2 assists per contest, making 52% of his shots from the floor.
- Mike Meadows gets the Pilots 11.3 points, 4.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists per contest. He also averages 0.8 steals and 0 blocked shots.