At 4:00 PM ET on Saturday, the Washington State Cougars (4-5) play at the California Golden Bears (3-6).
The Golden Bears last hit the field against the Oregon Ducks, and they were defeated 63-19. The Cougars came up short in their last outing by a final score of 10-7 against the Stanford Cardinal.
Fernando Mendoza finished with 177 yards on 18-34 passing (52.9%) in the Golden Bears’ last game while throwing one interception. Jaydn Ott ran for one touchdown while racking up 93 yards on 20 attempts. Jeremiah Hunter earned 64 yards on five receptions.
In the Cougars’ last game, Cameron Ward threw for 241 yards on 24-40 passing (60.0%), tossing one touchdown and one interception. Djouvensky Schlenbaker rushed for 34 yards on 13 attempts. Joshua Kelly gained 82 yards on four receptions with one score.
Want to bet on Cal or Washington State? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Cal Players to Watch
- This season, Mendoza has racked up 825 passing yards (165.0 yards per game) while connecting on 74 of 123 passes (60.2% completion percentage), with six touchdowns and four interceptions. He has tacked on 86 rushing yards on 23 carries (plus two touchdowns), averaging 17.2 yards per game.
- Ott has churned out a team-high 848 rushing yards (106.0 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns.
- So far this year Isaiah Ifanse has run for 365 yards on 70 carries (45.6 ypg), with seven rushing touchdowns.
- Hunter has reeled in 44 passes for a team-high 499 yards with four touchdowns. He averages 55.4 yards per game.
- Trond Grizzell’s stat line this year shows 26 catches for 362 yards and three touchdowns. He averages 45.3 receiving yards per game.
- Taj Davis has collected 332 yards on 30 receptions with three touchdowns, averaging 41.5 yards per game.
Washington State Players to Watch
- Ward leads his team with 2,777 passing yards (308.6 per game) and has a 68.7% completion percentage (239-of-348), throwing 17 touchdown passes and four interceptions. He also has 130 rushing yards on 85 carries (with five touchdowns), averaging 14.4 yards per game.
- Nakia Watson has racked up a team-best 204 rushing yards (22.7 per game) and four touchdowns. He has tacked on 18 receptions for 199 yards (22.1 yards per game) and two TDs.
- Dylan Paine has 131 yards on 20 carries (26.2 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Kyle Williams has reeled in 48 passes for a team-high 655 yards with four touchdowns. He averages 72.8 yards per game.
- Lincoln Victor has hauled in 65 catches for 639 yards (79.9 yards per game) and four touchdowns.
- This season Kelly is averaging 61.9 yards per game, with 38 catches for 557 yards and six touchdowns.
Cal Recent Stat Leaders
- As part of the Golden Bears’ defensive unit, Jake Arguello has registered in their last three games.
- As part of the Bears’ defense, Pat McMorris has recorded one sack to go with 24 tackles and one interception in their last three games.
- The Golden Bears’ defense has been helped in their last three games by Ricky Correia, who has registered eight tackles.
- A key piece of the Golden Bears’ defense, Nohi Williams has 11 tackles in their last three games.
Washington State Recent Stat Leaders
- Jamorri Colson has collected one interception to go with three tackles and one pass defended in the Cougars’ last three contests.
- Na’im Rodman has been providing a big boost on defense, recording eight tackles for the Cougs in their last three contests.
- Paine has posted eight tackles in the Cougars’ last three contests.
- Kyle Williams has totaled eight tackles for the Cougs in their last three games.
Cal vs. Washington State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||30.8 (47)||29.3 (61)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||36.8 (126)||28.6 (92)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||12 (86)||10 (61)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||14 (16)||9 (82)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.