The Colorado Avalanche (4-0) host the Carolina Hurricanes (3-2) on Saturday, October 21, with the Avalanche coming off a victory in their last game and the Hurricanes a defeat. The sportsbooks have made the Avalanche solid favorites at -149 on the moneyline, and the Hurricanes are at +123.
The betting insights in the following article are based off odds valid as of October 21, 2023 at 3:15 PM ET. See below the latest odds for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Avalanche vs. Hurricanes Betting Odds
- Moneyline: COL: (-149) | CAR: (+123)
- Puck line: COL: -1.5 (162) | CAR: +1.5 (-199)
- Total: 6 — Over: (-121) | Under: (+100)
Injury Report as of October 21
Avalanche: Pavel Francouz: Groin (Out), Chris Wagner: Achilles (Out), Gabriel Landeskog: Knee (Out), Alex Beaucage: Upper Body (Out), Jean-Luc Foudy: Lower Body (Out)
Hurricanes: Andrei Svechnikov: Knee (Out), Ryan Suzuki: Shoulder (Out), Vasily Ponomarev: Knee (Out), Frederik Andersen: Head (Out), Sebastian Aho: Upper Body (Doubtful)
Avalanche vs. Hurricanes Predictions & Computer Picks
|Total Pick||Over (6)|
|Spread Pick||Avalanche (-1.5)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Avalanche vs. Hurricanes Team Stats (2022-23)
|Avalanche Avg. (Rank)||Hurricanes Avg. (Rank)|
|3.35 (10th)||Goals Scored||3.20 (15th)|
|2.72 (9th)||Goals Allowed||2.56 (2nd)|
|33.2 (8th)||Shots||34.8 (3rd)|
|31.0 (14th)||Shots Allowed||26.0 (1st)|
Avalanche Key Players (Stats from 2022-23)
How to Bet on Avalanche vs. Hurricanes
Hurricanes Key Players
- The Avalanche won 43 of their 69 games when favored on the moneyline last season (62.3%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Avalanche have an implied win probability of 59.8%.
- The Hurricanes were an underdog in 17 games last season, and won eight (47.1%).
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies a 44.8% chance of victory for the Hurricanes.
- Colorado’s games last season went over this matchup’s total of 6 goals 45 times.
- Carolina played 46 games last season that ended with more than 6 goals.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.