Kaidon Salter will lead the Liberty Flames (7-0) into their matchup versus the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (4-3) at Houchens Industries–L.T. Smith Stadium on Tuesday at 7:30 PM ET.
The Flames prevailed 42-35 last time out when they took on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders. In their most recent outing, the Hilltoppers took on the Jacksonville State Gamecocks and lost by a final score of 20-17.
In that last outing for the Flames, Salter completed 12 of 20 passing attempts (60.0%) and totaled 140 yards through the air, completing two touchdown passes but giving away one interception. Quinton Cooley had 24 rushing attempts and finished with 134 yards and three touchdowns. C.J. Daniels found paydirt once, and ended the contest with six catches for 71 yards.
For the Hilltoppers in their last game, Austin Reed finished with 24 completions on 48 attempts (50.0%) for 250 yards, adding two touchdowns and one interception. Elijah Young carried the ball 10 times for 39 yards. K.D. Hutchinson hauled in four passes for 52 yards.
Want to bet on Liberty or Western Kentucky? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Liberty Players to Watch
- This year, Salter has racked up 1,493 passing yards (213.3 yards per game) while going 88-for-152 (57.9% completion percentage) and throwing 16 touchdowns and three interceptions. He has added 497 rushing yards on 85 carries with six touchdowns, averaging 71 yards per game.
- Cooley has taken 122 carries for a team-leading 726 rushing yards (103.7 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Daniels has reeled in 24 passes for a team-best 509 yards while scoring four touchdowns. He averages 72.7 yards per game.
- Treon Sibley has contributed with 385 yards (on 16 catches) and three touchdowns.
- Bentley Hanshaw has racked up 170 yards on 13 receptions with four touchdowns, averaging 28.3 yards per game.
Western Kentucky Players to Watch
- Reed leads the team with 1,908 passing yards (272.6 yards per game) and has a 59% completion percentage this year (173-of-293) while throwing 16 touchdowns with four interceptions. He also has 92 rushing yards on 26 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 13.1 yards per game.
- Markese Stepp has churned out a team-best 203 rushing yards (33.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- So far this year L.T. Sanders has run for 129 yards on 22 carries (21.5 ypg).
- Malachi Corley has 43 catches and paces his team with 590 receiving yards (98.3 ypg) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Easton Messer has added 299 yards on 24 catches and three touchdowns. He puts up 42.7 receiving yards per game this year.
- Dalvin Smith has totaled 155 yards on 17 receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 31 yards per game.
Liberty Recent Stat Leaders
- Marquis Bell has helped lead the Flames’ defense with seven tackles in their last three games.
- With one interception to go with 10 tackles and one pass defended, Kobe Singleton has been a key contributor to the Flames’ defense in their last three games.
- Nick Days has suited up for of the Flames’ last three games, collecting 10 tackles and one pass defended.
- With 12 tackles, Quinton Reese has helped carry the Flames’ defense over their last three games.
Western Kentucky Recent Stat Leaders
- As a key defensive contributor in the Hilltoppers’ last three contests, Trent Zappe has amassed 12 tackles in games.
- Koron Hayward has totaled 12 tackles for the Toppers in their last three outings.
- The Hilltoppers’ Kendrick Simpkins has delivered 14 tackles, one TFL, and one sack in the Hilltoppers’ last three contests.
- Aaron Key has totaled 10 tackles for the Toppers in their last three contests.
Liberty vs. Western Kentucky Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||36.3 (15)||30 (48)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||19.7 (36)||27.7 (98)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||7 (47)||9 (72)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||17 (1)||17 (1)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.