The Philadelphia Phillies and the Arizona Diamondbacks play in the second game of the NLCS on Tuesday at 8:07 PM ET at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies have a 1-0 series lead. The Phillies will give the nod to Aaron Nola (12-9, 4.46 ERA) versus the Diamondbacks and Merrill Kelly (12-8, 3.29 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Philadelphia vs. Arizona Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, October 17, 2023 at 8:07 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: TBS
- Probable Pitchers: Nola – PHI (12-9, 4.46 ERA) vs Kelly – ARI (12-8, 3.29 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Phillies vs. Diamondbacks Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Aaron Nola
- His most recent time out was on Wednesday against the Atlanta Braves, when the right-hander threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.46, with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in 32 games this season. Opponents are hitting .234 against him.
- Nola has 16 quality starts under his belt this season.
- He has made three appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 30-year-old’s 4.46 ERA ranks 35th, 1.151 WHIP ranks 16th, and 9.4 K/9 ranks 17th.
- When Nola starts, his team is 16-18-0 against the spread this season.
- In Nola’s 34 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 20 times.
Nola’s Recent Performance
|vs. Braves||Oct. 11||5.2||6||2||2||9||1|
|vs. Marlins||Oct. 4||7.0||3||0||0||3||1|
|vs. Pirates||Sep. 26||6.2||4||1||1||8||0|
|at Braves||Sep. 20||6.0||6||2||2||8||0|
|at Cardinals||Sep. 15||4.2||7||3||2||1||1|
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Merrill Kelly
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday, Oct. 8, when he allowed three hits in 6 1/3 scoreless innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 35-year-old has an ERA of 3.29, a 2.71 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.193 in 30 games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- He has made 30 appearances and finished three of them without allowing an earned run.
- Among qualified pitchers this campaign, the 35-year-old’s 3.29 ERA ranks 11th, 1.193 WHIP ranks 23rd, and 9.5 K/9 ranks 16th.
- The Diamondbacks have a 17-14-0 ATS record in Kelly’s 31 starts with a set spread.
- Kelly has had 31 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 12 of those outings.
Kelly’s Recent Performance
|at Dodgers||Oct. 7||6.1||3||0||0||5||2|
|vs. Astros||Sep. 30||7.0||5||1||1||5||2|
|at Yankees||Sep. 25||5.0||4||2||2||5||2|
|vs. Giants||Sep. 20||6.2||3||1||1||5||3|
|at Mets||Sep. 14||5.0||6||7||7||7||4|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.