The Texas Rangers are at home for Game 3 of the ALCS against the Houston Astros on Wednesday at 8:03 PM ET at Globe Life Field. The Rangers have a 2-0 series lead. The Rangers will call on Max Scherzer (13-6, 3.77 ERA) against the Astros and Cristian Javier (10-5, 4.56 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Texas vs. Houston Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 8:03 PM ET
- Where: Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: FS1
- Probable Pitchers: Scherzer – TEX (13-6, 3.77 ERA) vs Javier – HOU (10-5, 4.56 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Rangers vs. Astros Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher: Max Scherzer
- His last time out came on Tuesday, Sept. 12 against the Toronto Blue Jays, when the righty tossed 5 1/3 scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- In 27 games this season, the 39-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.77, with 10.3 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .217 against him.
- Scherzer is trying to pick up his 15th quality start of the season.
- He has had seven appearances this season in which he did not allow an earned run.
- Scherzer and his team have a record of 16-10-0 against the spread when he starts.
- In Scherzer’s 26 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 13 times.
Scherzer’s Recent Performance
|at Blue Jays||Sep. 12||5.1||3||0||0||2||1|
|vs. Astros||Sep. 6||3.0||6||7||7||4||2|
|vs. Twins||Sep. 1||6.0||1||0||0||7||2|
|at Twins||Aug. 26||7.0||4||2||2||10||1|
|vs. Brewers||Aug. 20||3.2||3||3||3||4||4|
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher: Cristian Javier
- The right-hander did not allow a run in five innings pitched on Tuesday, Oct. 10 in his last outing, a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 31 games this season with an ERA of 4.56, a 2.56 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.265.
- He has earned a quality start 11 times in 31 starts this season.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he’d extend his streak of 0 ER appearances to three.
- The 26-year-old’s 4.56 ERA ranks 37th, 1.265 WHIP ranks 31st, and 8.8 K/9 ranks 27th among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
- The Astros have a 20-12-0 ATS record in Javier’s 32 starts with a set spread.
- Javier has had 32 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in 20 of those games.
Javier’s Recent Performance
|at Twins||Oct. 10||5.0||1||0||0||9||5|
|at Diamondbacks||Oct. 1||6.0||3||0||0||4||2|
|at Mariners||Sep. 26||4.2||3||4||3||6||3|
|vs. Orioles||Sep. 20||5.0||3||1||1||11||2|
|at Royals||Sep. 15||5.0||5||3||3||6||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.