The New England Patriots (1-5) and their 31st-ranked scoring offense (12.0 points per game) will need to be firing on all cylinders when they match up with the Buffalo Bills (4-2), who sport the third-ranked scoring defense in the NFL (14.8 points allowed per game). Kickoff is slated for Sunday, October 22 at 1:00 PM ET.
The Patriots are 7.5-point underdogs in their matchup against the Bills (the game has a total of 40 points).
The betting insights in this article reference odds valid as of October 21, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Check out the article below for the latest odds for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Bills Vs Patriots Odds
Bills vs. Patriots Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Bills (-7.5)||Over (40)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||28.8 (3)||12.0 (31)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||14.8 (5)||25.3 (24)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||6.0 (2)||4.5 (27)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.5 (23)||4.8 (7)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||9 (18)||11 (27)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||13 (2)||3 (32)|
Bills Betting Insights
- The Bills are 3-3-0 against the spread this season.
- Buffalo owns one win ATS (1-1) as a 7.5-point favorite or greater this year.
- Buffalo has had two games (out of six) go over the total this season.
- Buffalo games average 46.8 total points per game this season (postseason included), 6.8 greater than the over/under for this matchup.
Patriots Betting Insights
- The Patriots have won once against the spread this year.
- The Patriots have had one game (out of six) hit the over this season.
- There have been three New England games this season with more than 40 points scored.
- The average total for Patriots games is 41.5 points, 1.5 more than this game’s over/under.
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Bills Players to Watch
- Josh Allen leads Buffalo with 1,576 yards (262.7 ypg) on 147-of-205 passing with 13 touchdowns and six interceptions this season. He also has 131 rushing yards on 22 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- James Cook has carried the ball 75 times for a team-high 363 yards (60.5 per game) with one score. He has also caught 14 passes for 140 yards.
- Stefon Diggs has hauled in 49 catches for 620 yards (103.3 yards per game) to lead the team this season. He’s found the end zone five times as a receiver.
- Gabriel Davis has hauled in 21 receptions totaling 341 yards, finding the end zone four times as a receiver this campaign.
- Leonard Floyd leads the team with 6.5 sacks, and also has 4.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Terrel Bernard is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s collected 57 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 2.0 sacks, and two interceptions.
- Micah Hyde has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 28 tackles and two passes defended to his name.
Patriots Players to Watch
- Mac Jones has racked up 1,208 yards on 64.2% passing while tossing five touchdown passes with seven interceptions this season.
- Rhamondre Stevenson has run for 234 yards on 78 carries this year while scoring two times on the ground. He’s also added 17 catches, totaling 111 yards.
- Ezekiel Elliott has racked up 193 yards (on 49 attempts) with one touchdown.
- Kendrick Bourne has hauled in 307 receiving yards on 28 receptions to pace his squad this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- Hunter Henry has caught 18 passes and compiled 183 receiving yards (30.5 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Mike Gesicki’s 20 targets have resulted in 15 catches for 144 yards.
- Jahlani Tavai leads the team with 1.0 sack, and also has 2.0 TFL, 37 tackles, and one interception.
- Ja’Whaun Bentley, New England’s top tackler, has 40 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack this year.
- Tavai has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 37 tackles, 2.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended to his name.
How to Bet on Bills vs Patriots
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.