The Buffalo Sabres (0-2) host the Tampa Bay Lightning (1-2) on Tuesday, October 17, with both teams coming off a defeat in their last game. The sportsbooks have made the Sabres solid favorites at -126 on the moneyline, and the Lightning are at +104.
The betting facts in the article below are based off odds valid as of October 17, 2023 at 3:13 PM ET. Head to the article below for the latest lines for this outing and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Sabres vs. Lightning Betting Odds
- Moneyline: BUF: (-126) | TB: (+104)
- Puck line: BUF: -1.5 (184) | TB: +1.5 (-230)
- Total: 7 — Over: (+104) | Under: (-126)
Injury Report as of October 17
Sabres: Jack Quinn: Achilles (Out), Matthew Savoie: Shoulder (Out)
Lightning: Steven Stamkos: Lower Body (Out), Tyler Motte: Hand (Out), Andrei Vasilevskiy: Back (Out), Jack Finley: Undisclosed (Out), Roman Schmidt: Undisclosed (Out), Brent Seabrook: Shoulder/Back/Hip (Out), Logan Brown: Undisclosed (Out)
Sabres vs. Lightning Predictions & Computer Picks
|Total Pick||Under (7)|
|Spread Pick||Lightning (+1.5)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Sabres vs. Lightning Team Stats (2022-23)
|Sabres Avg. (Rank)||Lightning Avg. (Rank)|
|3.57 (3rd)||Goals Scored||3.41 (8th)|
|3.62 (25th)||Goals Allowed||3.07 (14th)|
|32.5 (10th)||Shots||32.0 (12th)|
|33.0 (26th)||Shots Allowed||31.5 (20th)|
Sabres Key Players (Stats from 2022-23)
How to Bet on Sabres vs. Lightning
Lightning Key Players (Stats from 2022-23)
- The Sabres won 14 of their 24 games when listed as a moneyline favorite last season (58.3%).
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Sabres have an implied win probability of 55.8%.
- Last season the Lightning were an underdog 21 times, and won eight, or 38.1%, of those games.
- The implied probability of a win by the Lightning, based on the moneyline, is 49.0%.
- In 51 games last season, Buffalo and its opponent combined for more than 7 goals.
- Tampa Bay combined with its opponent to score more than 7 goals in 46 of 88 games last season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.