The Houston Astros are at home for Game 2 of the ALCS against the Texas Rangers on Monday at 4:37 PM ET at Minute Maid Park. The Rangers lead the series 1-0. The probable pitchers are Framber Valdez (12-11, 3.45 ERA) for the Astros and Nathan Eovaldi (12-5, 3.63 ERA) for the Rangers.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Houston vs. Texas Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Monday, October 16, 2023 at 4:37 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
- Probable Pitchers: Valdez – HOU (12-11, 3.45 ERA) vs Eovaldi – TEX (12-5, 3.63 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Astros vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher: Framber Valdez
- The lefty’s most recent appearance came on Monday, Oct. 9 against the Minnesota Twins, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- In 31 games this season, the 29-year-old has a 3.45 ERA and 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .222 to opposing hitters.
- Valdez has 20 quality starts under his belt this season.
- He has had six appearances this season in which he did not surrender an earned run.
- This season, the 29-year-old ranks 15th in ERA (3.45), 13th in WHIP (1.126), and 22nd in K/9 (9.1) among qualifying pitchers.
- Valdez and his team are 14-18-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- Games started by Valdez have an 18-14-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Valdez’s Recent Performance
|vs. Twins||Oct. 8||4.1||7||5||5||5||3|
|at Mariners||Sep. 27||4.0||5||3||3||7||5|
|vs. Royals||Sep. 22||5.1||4||7||6||10||3|
|at Royals||Sep. 17||7.0||6||1||0||5||1|
|vs. Athletics||Sep. 11||7.0||4||3||3||10||1|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher: Nathan Eovaldi
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw seven innings against the Baltimore Orioles, giving up one earned run while allowing five hits.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in 25 games this season with an ERA of 3.63, a 2.81 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.139.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- He has eight appearances with no earned runs allowed in 25 chances this season.
- The Rangers are 16-11-0 ATS in Eovaldi’s 27 starts that had a set spread.
- Eovaldi has had 27 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 14 of those games hit the over.
Eovaldi’s Recent Performance
|vs. Orioles||Oct. 10||7.0||5||1||1||7||0|
|at Rays||Oct. 4||6.2||6||1||1||8||0|
|at Mariners||Sep. 29||3.1||5||7||7||5||2|
|vs. Mariners||Sep. 24||5.0||6||5||5||6||2|
|vs. Red Sox||Sep. 19||5.0||4||3||3||3||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.