The Washington Commanders (2-2), who were defeated by the Eagles in their previous tilt, host the Chicago Bears (0-4) at FedExField on October 5 at 8:15 PM ET. The Bears took the L against the Broncos in their last game.
The Bears are 6-point underdogs against the Commanders (the game has an over/under of 45 points).
The betting trends in what follows are based off odds valid as of October 5, 2023 at 7:13 PM ET. Check out the article below for the most up-to-date lines for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Commanders Vs Bears Odds
Washington vs. Bears Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Commanders (-6)||Over (45)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||22.3 (17)||18.8 (22)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||30 (29)||34.3 (31)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.8 (22)||5 (16)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.6 (23)||6.1 (31)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||8 (26)||8 (26)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||5 (12)||2 (28)|
Washington Betting Insights
- The Commanders have posted two wins against the spread this year.
- Washington is winless ATS (0-1) as a 6-point favorite or greater this season.
- Two Commanders games (out of four) have gone over the point total this season.
- The over/under for this game is 45 points, 4.1 more than the average point total for Washington games this season.
Bears Betting Insights
- The Bears have no wins against the spread this season.
- Chicago is winless ATS (0-1) when playing as at least 6-point underdogs this year.
- All four Bears games have gone over the point total this season.
- There have been three Chicago games this season with more than 45 points scored.
- Games involving the Bears this year have averaged 44.4 points per game, a 0.6-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Washington Players to Watch
- Sam Howell has been a dual threat for Washington this season. He has 961 passing yards, completing 67.1% of his passes and tossing four touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s rushed for 82 yards (20.5 ypg) on 11 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Brian Robinson Jr. has carried the ball 61 times for a team-high 261 yards on the ground and has found the end zone three times.
- Terry McLaurin leads his squad with 212 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 21 catches (out of 26 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Curtis Samuel has put up a 178-yard season, hauling in 17 passes on 20 targets.
- Jahan Dotson’s 14 receptions have yielded 110 yards and one touchdown.
- Montez Sweat paces the team with three sacks, and also has four TFL and 12 tackles.
- Washington’s top-tackler, Kamren Curl, has 37 tackles, three TFL, and one sack this year.
- Kendall Fuller has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has 21 tackles and four passes defended to his name.
Bears Players to Watch
- Justin Fields has thrown for 861 yards on 79-of-123 passing with seven touchdowns and five interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 134 yards and one rushing touchdown.
- Khalil Herbert has run the ball 41 times for 196 yards. He’s also tacked on 10 catches for 83 yards and one touchdown.
- D.J. Moore leads his squad with 301 receiving yards on 19 catches with two touchdowns.
- Cole Kmet has recorded 189 receiving yards (47.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns on 18 receptions.
- Darnell Mooney has racked up 104 reciving yards (26 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Yannick Ngakoue has one sack to lead the team, and also has two TFL and eight tackles.
- T.J. Edwards, Chicago’s tackle leader, has 50 tackles and two TFL this year.
- Jack Sanborn has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has 13 tackles and one pass defended to his name.
How to Bet on Commanders vs Bears
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.