The Detroit Lions (3-1) are scheduled to take on the Carolina Panthers (0-4) at Ford Field on Sunday, October 8 at 1:00 PM ET. In their previous games, the Lions defeated the Packers 34-20, and the Panthers lost 21-13 to the Vikings.
The Lions are 9.5-point favorites in their matchup with the Panthers. The over/under is set at 44 points.
The betting insights in the following article reference odds valid as of October 8, 2023 at 11:16 AM ET. Check out the article below for the most up-to-date lines for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Lions Vs Panthers Odds
Lions vs. Panthers Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Lions (-9.5)||Over (44)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26.5 (10)||16.8 (24)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||20.8 (13)||25.5 (25)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.7 (8)||4.2 (30)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.5 (3)||5.3 (20)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||6 (22)||5 (13)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||4 (20)||4 (20)|
Lions Betting Insights
- The Lions have three wins in four games against the spread this season.
- Two Lions games (out of four) have hit the over this year.
- The total for this game is 44, 4.3 points fewer than the average total in Detroit games thus far this season (playoffs included).
Panthers Betting Insights
- The Panthers haven’t won a game against the spread this year.
- One Panthers game (out of four) has gone over the point total this year.
- Carolina games have finished with over 44 points one time this year.
- Panthers games average 42.4 total points, 1.6 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Lions Players to Watch
- Jared Goff has thrown for 1,029 yards (257.3 ypg) to lead Detroit, completing 69.5% of his passes and tossing six touchdown passes compared to three interceptions this season.
- David Montgomery has 262 rushing yards on 69 carries with five touchdowns.
- Jahmyr Gibbs has been handed the ball 39 times this year and racked up 179 yards (44.8 per game). He’s also helped out in the passing game with 14 grabs for 70 yards
- Amon-Ra St. Brown’s 331 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 35 times and has registered 26 catches and two touchdowns.
- Sam LaPorta has put up a 242-yard season with one touchdown, reeling in 22 passes on 27 targets.
- Josh Reynolds has hauled in 12 grabs for 215 yards, an average of 53.8 yards per game. He’s scored two times as a receiver this season.
- Aidan Hutchinson paces the team with 3.5 sacks, and also has two TFL and 12 tackles.
- Jerry Jacobs has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 25 tackles and two interceptions.
Panthers Players to Watch
- Bryce Young has 503 passing yards, or 167.7 per game, this season. He has completed 65% of his passes and has collected two touchdowns with two interceptions. He’s also contributed on the ground with 20.3 rushing yards per game.
- Miles Sanders has rushed 54 times for 158 yards, with one touchdown. He’s also tacked on 15 catches for 81 yards.
- Chuba Hubbard has piled up 119 yards (on 26 carries).
- Adam Thielen paces his squad with 287 receiving yards on 27 catches with two touchdowns.
- D.J. Chark has seven receptions (on 15 targets) for a total of 129 yards (43 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Terrace Marshall Jr.’s 16 catches (on 24 targets) have netted him 114 yards (28.5 ypg).
- Frankie Luvu paces the team with three sacks. He’s also the team’s tackle leader, and has collected four TFL and 25 tackles.
- Deion Jones has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has four tackles and one pass defended to his name.
How to Bet on Lions vs Panthers
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.