When the New England Patriots (1-3) and the New Orleans Saints (2-2) meet on Sunday, October 8 at 1:00 PM ET, they will both be looking to bounce back after losing their last game. The Patriots lost 38-3 to the Cowboys, and the Saints are coming off a 26-9 loss to the Buccaneers.
The Patriots are favored (-1.5) in an expected tight game with the Saints. The total is set at 39 points.
The betting insights in this article use the latest odds as of October 8, 2023 at 11:14 AM ET. Head to the article below for the latest lines for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Patriots Vs Saints Odds
Patriots vs. Saints Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Patriots (-1.5)||Under (39)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||13.8 (30)||15.5 (25)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||24.3 (21)||19.0 (9)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.7 (24)||4.4 (28)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.7 (5)||4.8 (8)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||7 (25)||6 (22)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||2 (29)||6 (8)|
Patriots Betting Insights
- The Patriots have one win against the spread this year.
- New England is unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 1.5-point favorite or greater this year.
- The Patriots have had one game (out of four) hit the over this season.
- The total for this game is 39, 3.3 points fewer than the average total in New England games thus far this season.
Saints Betting Insights
- The Saints haven’t won a game against the spread this season.
- No Saints game has hit the over this year.
- Not one New Orleans game this season has finished with more than 39 combined points scored.
- The average total points scored in Saints games this year (39) is 1.8 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Patriots Players to Watch
- Mac Jones has thrown for 898 yards (224.5 ypg) to lead New England, completing 63.7% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes compared to four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 60 rushing yards on 14 carries.
- Rhamondre Stevenson has 164 rushing yards on 60 carries with one touchdown. He’s also added 12 catches for 87 yards (21.8 per game).
- Ezekiel Elliott has carried the ball 34 times for 138 yards (34.5 per game).
- Hunter Henry’s team-leading 176 yards as a receiver have come on 17 catches (out of 23 targets) with two touchdowns.
- Kendrick Bourne has put up a 175-yard season with two touchdowns, hauling in 16 passes on 28 targets.
- Demario Douglas has a total of 119 receiving yards this year, grabbing nine passes.
- Josh Uche paces the team with 2.0 sacks, and also has 1.0 TFL and five tackles.
- New England’s leading tackler, Kyle Dugger, has 29 tackles and 3.0 TFL this year.
- J.C. Jackson has a team-leading one interception to go along with three tackles and three passes defended.
Saints Players to Watch
- Derek Carr has thrown for 763 yards on 64.5% passing while tossing two touchdown passes with two interceptions this season.
- Taysom Hill has rushed for 101 yards on 20 carries this year.
- Alvin Kamara has racked up 51 yards (on 11 attempts), while also catching 13 passes for 33 yards.
- Chris Olave has racked up 306 receiving yards on 23 receptions to pace his team this season.
- Michael Thomas has racked up 219 receiving yards (54.8 yards per game) on 22 receptions.
- Rashid Shaheed’s 19 targets have resulted in 12 catches for 185 yards and one touchdown.
- Carl Granderson has 2.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has 2.0 TFL and 14 tackles.
- Pete Werner, New Orleans’ leading tackler, has 34 tackles and 0.5 sacks this year.
- Paulson Adebo leads the team with one interception, while also recording six tackles and one pass defended.
How to Bet on Patriots vs Saints
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.