C.J. Stroud and the Houston Texans (2-2) will get a stiff test when they collide with the Atlanta Falcons (2-2), who have the NFL’s fifth-best pass defense, on Sunday, October 8 at 1:00 PM ET. Stroud ranks fifth-best in the league in passing yards.
The Falcons (-2) are slight favorites against the Texans. The total is 41.5 points.
The betting trends in what follows reflect odds as of October 8, 2023 at 11:15 AM ET. Check out the article below for the most up-to-date lines for this contest and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Falcons Vs Texans Odds
Falcons vs. Texans Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Texans (+2)||Under (41.5)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||15.5 (25)||24 (17)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||19.3 (10)||19.8 (11)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.6 (26)||5.3 (14)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||4.7 (5)||5.2 (17)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (13)||2 (4)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||4 (20)||5 (12)|
Falcons Betting Insights
- The Falcons have one win against the spread this season.
- Atlanta has won once ATS (1-1) as a 2-point or higher favorite this year.
- The Falcons have had one game (out of four) go over the total this year.
- The point total average for Atlanta games this season is 42.8, 1.3 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
Texans Betting Insights
- The Texans have posted two wins against the spread this year.
- Houston has two wins ATS (2-1) as a 2-point underdog or more this season.
- The Texans have played two games (out of four) which finished over the total this season.
- Houston games have finished with over 41.5 points twice this season.
- The average total points scored in Texans games this year (41.5) is 0.6 points higher than the total for this matchup.
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Falcons Players to Watch
- Desmond Ridder has 744 pass yards for Atlanta, completing 62.2% of his passes and tossing three touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He’s also helped out on the ground with 47 rushing yards (11.8 ypg) on 14 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- The team’s top rusher, Bijan Robinson, has carried the ball 53 times for 318 yards (79.5 per game). He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 134 receiving yards on 19 catches with one touchdown through the air.
- This season, Tyler Allgeier has carried the ball 45 times for 151 yards (37.8 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Jonnu Smith’s 179 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 20 times and has collected 15 receptions.
- Drake London has a total of 126 receiving yards this year, hauling in 11 throws and scoring two touchdowns.
- David Onyemata leads the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has three TFL and 16 tackles.
- Jessie Bates III has been all over the field, leading the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has 32 tackles, one TFL, and three interceptions.
Texans Players to Watch
- Stroud has racked up 1,212 yards on 62.3% passing while collecting six touchdown passes with zero interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 51 yards .
- Dameon Pierce has rushed 64 times for 181 yards, with one touchdown. He’s also tacked on eight catches for 68 yards.
- Devin Singletary has collected 95 yards (on 27 attempts).
- Nico Collins has registered 22 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 428 (107 yards per game). He’s been targeted 32 times and has three touchdowns.
- Nathaniel Dell has put up a 267-yard season with two touchdowns. He’s caught 16 passes on 24 targets.
- Robert Woods has racked up 191 reciving yards (47.8 ypg) this season.
- Jonathan Greenard has racked up three sacks to lead the team, while also recording five TFL and 16 tackles.
- Houston’s tackle leader, Henry To’oto’o, has 27 tackles and one TFL this year.
- Steven Nelson has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 12 tackles and four passes defended to his name.
How to Bet on Falcons vs Texans
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.