The Tampa Bay Rays take on the Texas Rangers in the opening game of the AL Wild Card Series on Tuesday 3:08 PM ET at Tropicana Field. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Rays will send Tyler Glasnow (10-7) to the mound, while Jordan Montgomery (10-11) will answer the bell for the Rangers.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Tampa Bay vs. Texas Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 3:08 PM ET
- Where: Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida
- How to Watch on TV: ABC
- Probable Pitchers: Glasnow – TB (10-7, 3.60 ERA) vs Montgomery – TEX (10-11, 3.20 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Rays vs. Rangers Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher: Tyler Glasnow
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed five scoreless innings against the Boston Red Sox while surrendering two hits.
- The 30-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.60, with 12.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in 21 games this season. Opponents are batting .197 against him.
- Glasnow has collected nine quality starts this season.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in two of his 21 appearances this season.
- Glasnow and his team are 14-7-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- In Glasnow’s 21 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 10 times.
Glasnow’s Recent Performance
|at Red Sox||Sep. 27||5.0||2||0||0||9||1|
|vs. Blue Jays||Sep. 22||5.1||3||4||4||7||4|
|at Orioles||Sep. 16||4.0||8||6||6||4||2|
|at Twins||Sep. 11||6.0||6||4||4||8||2|
|vs. Red Sox||Sep. 6||6.0||3||1||1||14||1|
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher: Jordan Montgomery
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw six innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up one earned run while allowing five hits.
- The 30-year-old has pitched to a 3.20 ERA this season with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.3 walks per nine across 32 games.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his fifth quality start in a row.
- He has made 32 appearances and finished seven of them without allowing an earned run.
- The 30-year-old ranks seventh in ERA (3.20), 22nd in WHIP (1.187), and 36th in K/9 (7.9) among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
- The Rangers have gone 13-19-0 ATS in Montgomery’s 32 starts that had a set spread.
- Montgomery’s starts went over the run total 14 times in 32 games with a set total this season.
Montgomery’s Recent Performance
|at Mariners||Sep. 28||6.0||5||1||1||5||2|
|vs. Mariners||Sep. 23||7.0||5||0||0||6||2|
|vs. Red Sox||Sep. 18||7.0||5||1||1||8||0|
|at Blue Jays||Sep. 13||7.0||4||0||0||3||1|
|vs. Athletics||Sep. 8||5.2||8||5||5||6||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.