The AL Wild Card Series begins with a showdown between the Minnesota Twins and the Toronto Blue Jays at Target Field on Tuesday, starting at 4:38 PM ET. The Twins will give the nod to Pablo Lopez (11-8, 3.71 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 12 on the season, and the Blue Jays will turn to Kevin Gausman (12-9, 3.16 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Minnesota vs. Toronto Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 4:38 PM ET
- Where: Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
- Probable Pitchers: Lopez – MIN (11-8, 3.71 ERA) vs Gausman – TOR (12-9, 3.16 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Twins vs. Blue Jays Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher: Pablo Lopez
- His last appearance came on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, when the righty went 4 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 3.71, with 10.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 32 games this season. Opponents are batting .235 against him.
- Lopez has collected 20 quality starts this year.
- He has had six appearances this season in which he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
- This season, the 27-year-old ranks 23rd in ERA (3.71), 16th in WHIP (1.155), and fifth in K/9 (10.9) among pitchers who qualify.
- Lopez’s team is 16-16-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- In games Lopez has started this season, the teams are 17-13-2 at hitting the over.
Lopez’s Recent Performance
|vs. Athletics||Sep. 27||4.1||5||3||3||6||1|
|vs. Angels||Sep. 22||6.0||5||3||3||7||1|
|at White Sox||Sep. 16||5.0||8||5||5||8||0|
|vs. Mets||Sep. 10||8.0||2||0||0||14||0|
|at Guardians||Sep. 4||6.0||8||1||1||3||3|
Blue Jays Probable Starting Pitcher: Kevin Gausman
- The right-hander allowed three hits in seven scoreless innings pitched against the New York Yankees on Tuesday.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to a 3.16 ERA this season with 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.7 walks per nine across 31 games.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he’d extend his streak of 0 ER appearances to three.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 32-year-old’s 3.16 ERA ranks sixth, 1.178 WHIP ranks 19th, and 11.5 K/9 ranks third.
- The Blue Jays have gone 11-20-0 ATS in Gausman’s 31 starts with a set spread.
- Gausman’s starts hit the over on the run total 13 times in 31 games with a set total this season.
Gausman’s Recent Performance
|vs. Yankees||Sep. 26||7.0||3||0||0||5||2|
|at Yankees||Sep. 20||6.0||3||0||0||10||3|
|vs. Rangers||Sep. 14||4.2||6||4||4||5||6|
|vs. Royals||Sep. 9||8.0||2||1||1||10||1|
|at Rockies||Sep. 3||4.0||6||3||3||5||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.