The NL Wild Card Series begins with a showdown between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Miami Marlins at Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday, starting at 8:08 PM ET. This contest’s pitching matchup is set, as the Phillies will send Zack Wheeler (13-6) to the mound, while Jesus Luzardo (10-10) will take the ball for the Marlins.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Philadelphia vs. Miami Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 8:08 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
- Probable Pitchers: Wheeler – PHI (13-6, 3.56 ERA) vs Luzardo – MIA (10-10, 3.78 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Phillies vs. Marlins Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Zack Wheeler
- In his last time out on Thursday, the right-hander threw four innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- In 32 games this season, the 33-year-old has amassed a 3.56 ERA and 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .227 to opposing batters.
- Wheeler has 21 quality starts this year.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in five of his 32 appearances this season.
- This season, the 33-year-old ranks 18th in ERA (3.56), sixth in WHIP (1.073), and 12th in K/9 (9.9) among qualifying pitchers.
- Wheeler and his team have a record of 14-18-0 against the spread when he starts.
- Games started by Wheeler have a 14-15-3 record at hitting the over this season.
Wheeler’s Recent Performance
|vs. Pirates||Sep. 28||4.0||4||1||1||5||1|
|vs. Mets||Sep. 23||7.0||8||5||3||6||1|
|at Braves||Sep. 18||6.0||3||1||1||5||2|
|vs. Braves||Sep. 12||5.0||7||6||6||4||3|
|at Padres||Sep. 6||6.0||1||0||0||7||2|
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher: Jesús Luzardo
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in 7 1/3 innings pitched against the New York Mets on Thursday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in 32 games this season with an ERA of 3.78 and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .237.
- He has started 32 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 17 of them.
- He has seven appearances with no earned runs allowed in 32 chances this season.
- The 26-year-old’s 3.78 ERA ranks 25th, 1.226 WHIP ranks 27th, and 10.5 K/9 ranks eighth among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
- The Marlins have a 16-16-0 record against the spread in Luzardo’s starts.
- Luzardo has started 32 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 17 of them.
Luzardo’s Recent Performance
|at Mets||Sep. 28||7.1||4||1||1||10||1|
|vs. Brewers||Sep. 23||5.0||3||3||3||4||3|
|vs. Braves||Sep. 17||6.0||4||0||0||8||2|
|at Brewers||Sep. 11||5.0||10||6||6||5||4|
|vs. Dodgers||Sep. 5||6.0||4||2||2||6||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.