The Philadelphia Phillies will host the Miami Marlins in the first game of the NL Wild Card Series at 8:08 PM ET on Tuesday.
The favored Phillies (-155 moneyline odds to win) take the field at home against the Marlins (+130). The matchup has an over/under set at 7.5 total runs.
The betting insights in the following article are based off odds valid as of October 3, 2023 at 7:13 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Phillies vs Marlins Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Phillies Betting Insights
- This season, the Phillies have been favored 109 times and won 65, or 59.6%, of those games.
- Philadelphia has a record of 31-18 in games when sportsbooks favor them by at least -155 on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 60.8% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 75 of 162 opportunities.
- The Phillies are 73-89-0 against the spread in their 162 chances this season.
Phillies Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.0|
Marlins Betting Insights
- The Marlins have been victorious in 41, or 47.1%, of the 87 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Miami has won 12 of 31 games when listed as at least +130 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Marlins have a 43.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 75 of its 162 opportunities.
- The Marlins have an against the spread mark of 73-89-0 in 162 games with a line this season.
Marlins Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.2|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Phillies or Marlins, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Phillies Probable Pitcher – Zack Wheeler
- Wheeler and his team are 14-18-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in four innings pitched against the Pittsburgh Pirates on Thursday.
- Wheeler has started 32 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 29 times. He averages 6.0 innings per appearance.
- He has five appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 32 chances this season.
- When Wheeler starts a game and his team is the favorite on the moneyline, they have a record of 16-12.
- Wheeler’s team is 19-13 when he starts this season.
- Games Wheeler has started this season hit the over 14 times in 32 chances.
Phillies Relief Pitchers
Marlins Probable Pitcher – Jesus Luzardo
- Luzardo (10-10 with a 3.78 ERA and 208 strikeouts in 178 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Marlins, his 33rd of the season.
- His most recent appearance was on Thursday against the New York Mets, when the lefty went 7 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Luzardo is trying for his eighth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.6 frames per start.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in seven of his 32 outings this season.
- The Marlins have an 11-8 record in Luzardo’s 19 starts this season when they were the moneyline underdog.
- Luzardo’s team has a 19-13 record in his starts this season.
- Luzardo has had 32 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 17 of those games hit the over.
Marlins Relief Pitchers
Phillies Hitting Trends
- The Phillies are 46-16 this season in games when they hit at least two homers.
- Philadelphia has put up five or more extra-base hits in 45 games this season, and has gone 35-10 in those outings.
- The team is 68-37 in the games this season it has totaled at least eight hits.
- Philadelphia is 68-17 in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Phillies are 38-20 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Marlins Hitting Trends
- They have won 28 of the 50 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- In 31 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 28-3.
- In 116 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 69-47.
- Miami has won 58 of its 72 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have won 24 of their 37 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Phillies vs. Marlins Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Phillies (-155)
Over/Under Pick: Over (7.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.