The Oakland Athletics (46-106) will aim to snap a seven-game losing streak when hosting the Detroit Tigers (71-81) at 9:40 PM ET on Thursday.
The Athletics are an underdog (+159 moneyline odds to win) when they host the Tigers (-190). The game’s over/under is 7.5.
The betting insights in this article use the latest odds as of September 21, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Tigers vs Athletics Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Tigers Betting Insights
- The Tigers have won 21, or 63.6%, of the 33 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Detroit has played as favorites of -190 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Tigers, based on the moneyline, is 65.5%.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 73 of 153 opportunities.
- The Tigers are 82-71-0 against the spread in their 153 chances this season.
Tigers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.9|
Athletics Betting Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in 45, or 30.2%, of the 149 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Oakland has a win-loss record of 24-68 when favored by +159 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 38.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over in 81 of its 152 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Athletics are 73-79-0 against the spread in their 152 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Athletics Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||2.7|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Tigers or Athletics, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Tigers Probable Pitcher – Tarik Skubal
- When Skubal starts, his team is 6-7-0 against the spread this season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in seven innings pitched against the Los Angeles Angels on Saturday.
- Skubal has pitched five or more innings in eight straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- In 13 appearances this season, he has finished five without allowing an earned run.
- Skubal’s team has been victorious in 57.1% of the games he’s started as the moneyline favorite with a record of 4-3.
- Skubal’s team has won six of his 13 starts.
- Games Skubal has started this season hit the over four times in 13 chances.
Tigers Relief Pitchers
Athletics Probable Pitcher – Luis Medina
- Medina (3-9 with a 5.56 ERA and 97 strikeouts in 98 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Athletics, his 16th of the season.
- His most recent appearance came in relief on Saturday when the righty tossed 3 2/3 innings against the San Diego Padres, surrendering one earned run while giving up two hits.
- Medina has 12 starts this year that he pitched five or more innings.
- In one of his 21 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- The Athletics have been the moneyline underdog in 15 of Medina’s starts this season, and they went 3-12 in those matchups.
- Medina’s team has won three of his 15 starts.
- Medina has had 15 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in eight of those games.
Athletics Relief Pitchers
Tigers Hitting Trends
- The Tigers have racked up two or more round-trippers in 44 games this season, and are 30-14 in those contests.
- Detroit has racked up at least five extra-base hits in 29 games this season, and has gone 24-5 in those outings.
- The club has racked up eight or more hits 87 times this season, and has a 62-25 record in those games.
- Detroit is 50-15 in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Tigers have gone 24-12 over the 36 games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Athletics Hitting Trends
- They are 30-19 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- In 27 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 22-5.
- They have won 32 of the 66 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Oakland has won 35 of its 50 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- In 37 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 20-17
Tigers vs. Athletics Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Tigers (-190)
Over/Under Pick: Over (7.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.