The Los Angeles Dodgers (93-58) and San Francisco Giants (76-76) square off in the first of a four-game series on Thursday at Dodger Stadium, at 10:10 PM ET. The Dodgers are coming off a series victory over the Tigers, and the Giants a series loss to the Diamondbacks.
The Giants are road underdogs (+154) at the Dodgers (-185). The matchup has an over/under set at 9 total runs.
The betting insights in this article use the latest odds as of September 21, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Dodgers vs Giants Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Dodgers Betting Insights
- The Dodgers have won 80, or 63.5%, of the 126 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has a record of 27-15 in games when bookmakers favor them by at least -185 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Dodgers, based on the moneyline, is 64.9%.
- Games involving Los Angeles has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 85 of 150 chances this season.
- The Dodgers are 83-67-0 ATS in their 150 games with a spread this season.
Dodgers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.8|
Giants Betting Insights
- The Giants have been chosen as underdogs in 71 games this year and have walked away with the win 32 times (45.1%) in those games.
- This season, San Francisco has been victorious three times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least +154 or longer on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 39.4% chance of pulling out a win.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over in 68 of its 152 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Giants have posted a record of 68-84-0 against the spread this season.
Giants Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.3|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Dodgers or Giants, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Dodgers Probable Pitcher – Emmet Sheehan
- Sheehan and his team are 3-6-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners, throwing three scoreless innings of relief and allowing one hit.
- Sheehan has five starts of five or more innings this season in nine chances. He averages 4.5 innings per outing.
- He has made 11 appearances and finished three of them without allowing an earned run.
- Sheehan’s team has been victorious in 62.5% of the games he’s started as the moneyline favorite with a record of 5-3.
- Sheehan’s team has won five of his nine starts this season.
- Games Sheehan has started this season hit the over six times in nine chances.
Dodgers Relief Pitchers
Giants Probable Pitcher – Kyle Harrison
- The Giants will send Harrison (1-1) out for his sixth start of the season. He is 1-1 with a 5.18 ERA and 29 strikeouts through 24 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last time out was on Wednesday, Sept. 13 against the Cleveland Guardians, when he went four innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Harrison has pitched five or more innings in a game three times this year entering this game.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in one of his five appearances this season.
- The Giants were the underdog on the moneyline for two Harrison starts this season — they lost both.
- Harrison’s team has a 3-2 record in his starts this season.
- Harrison has had five starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in two of those outings.
Giants Relief Pitchers
Dodgers Hitting Trends
- The Dodgers are 56-19 this season in games when they crush at least two bombs.
- Los Angeles has put up at least five extra-base hits in 44 games this season, and has gone 35-9 in those contests.
- The club has collected at least eight hits in 100 games this season, and is 75-25 in those contests.
- Los Angeles has a 77-20 record in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Dodgers are 43-20 in games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Giants Hitting Trends
- They are 30-19 this season when they hit two or more home runs in a game.
- San Francisco has gone 18-8 this season when collecting five or more extra-base hits as a team.
- They have a record of 57-28 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- San Francisco has a 47-19 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- They have won 22 of their 39 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Dodgers vs. Giants Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Dodgers (-185)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.