Brandon Drury leads the Los Angeles Angels (69-83) into a matchup against the Tampa Bay Rays (93-60), following his two-homer performance in an 8-3 victory over the Rays, beginning at 1:10 PM ET on Thursday.
The Angels are road underdogs (+218) at the Rays (-273). The over/under for this game is 7.5.
The betting facts in the article below reference odds valid as of September 21, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Rays vs Angels Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Rays Betting Insights
- This season, the Rays have won 81 out of the 124 games, or 65.3%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 9-1, a 90% win rate, when favored by -273 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rays, based on the moneyline, is 73.2%.
- Tampa Bay’s games have gone over the total in 81 of its 153 chances.
- The Rays have an ATS record of 85-68-0 in 153 games with a spread this season.
Rays Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.4|
Angels Betting Insights
- The Angels have come away with 33 wins in the 80 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Los Angeles has played as an underdog of +218 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 31.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Los Angeles has gone over the total set by bookmakers in 78 of 152 chances this season.
- The Angels are 70-82-0 against the spread in their 152 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Angels Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.7|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Rays or Angels, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Rays Probable Pitcher – Zach Eflin
- Eflin’s team is 16-13-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed one hit in seven innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Friday.
- Eflin has six starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 29 chances this season.
- Eflin’s team is 21-7 this season when he starts and they are the moneyline favorite.
- Eflin’s team has a 21-8 record in his starts this season.
- In games Eflin has started this season, the teams are 14-15-0 at hitting the over.
Rays Relief Pitchers
Angels Probable Pitcher – Griffin Canning
- Canning makes the start for the Angels, his 21st of the season. He is 7-7 with a 4.42 ERA and 127 strikeouts through 116 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Detroit Tigers, when he tossed six innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Canning will look to prolong a five-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.3 innings per appearance).
- In two of his 22 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
- The Angels have a 6-7 record in Canning’s 13 starts this season when they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Canning’s team has won 10 of his 20 starts.
- Canning has started 20 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in nine of them.
Angels Relief Pitchers
Rays Hitting Trends
- The Rays are 49-17 this season in games when they hit two or more long balls.
- Tampa Bay is 35-3 in games this season when it has had five or more extra-base hits.
- The club is 70-30 in the games this season it has racked up at least eight hits.
- Tampa Bay has a 70-20 record in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Rays have gone 29-9 over the 38 games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Angels Hitting Trends
- They have won 37 of the 60 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- In 32 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 23-9.
- They have a record of 51-40 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Los Angeles has a 50-21 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- In 36 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 20-16
Rays vs. Angels Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Rays (-273)
Over/Under Pick: Over (7.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.