The Milwaukee Brewers (86-66) match up against the St. Louis Cardinals (67-85) after Tyrone Taylor hit a pair of home runs in an 8-2 victory over the Cardinals. The game starts at 1:15 PM ET on Thursday.
The Brewers (-110 moneyline odds to win) play the Cardinals (-109) in an expected tight contest. The matchup has an over/under set at 9 total runs.
The betting facts in what follows reference odds valid as of September 21, 2023 at 1:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Brewers vs Cardinals Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Brewers Betting Insights
- The Brewers have entered the game as favorites 81 times this season and won 47, or 58%, of those games.
- Milwaukee has a record of 48-34, a 58.5% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Brewers, based on the moneyline, is 52.4%.
- Games involving Milwaukee has gone over the total set by bookmakers in 69 of 152 chances this season.
- The Brewers have an ATS record of 78-74-0 in 152 games with a spread this season.
Brewers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.9|
Cardinals Betting Insights
- The Cardinals have been victorious in 33, or 44%, of the 75 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- St. Louis has a mark of 31-42 in contests where oddsmakers favor it by -109 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 52.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- St. Louis and its opponents have gone over in 74 of its 151 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals have posted a record of 70-81-0 against the spread this season.
Cardinals Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||2.9|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Brewers or Cardinals, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Brewers Probable Pitcher – Wade Miley
- Miley’s team is 11-10-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs in 5 2/3 innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Washington Nationals.
- In 21 starts this season, Miley has lasted five or more innings 17 times, with an average of 5.2 innings per appearance.
- He has made 21 appearances and finished five of them without allowing an earned run.
- Miley’s team has been victorious in 50% of the games he’s started as the moneyline favorite with a record of 4-4.
- Miley’s team has a 13-8 record in his starts this season.
- In Miley’s 21 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over nine times.
Brewers Relief Pitchers
Cardinals Probable Pitcher – Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas makes the start for the Cardinals, his 33rd of the season. He is 7-12 with a 4.84 ERA and 118 strikeouts in 182 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out was on Saturday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he threw six innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Mikolas will look to pitch five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.7 frames per outing.
- In five of his appearances this season he has not surrender an earned run.
- The Cardinals have a 5-10 record in Mikolas’ 15 starts this season when they were the moneyline underdog.
- Mikolas’ team has compiled a 13-19 record in his 32 starts.
- Mikolas has started 31 contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 16 of them.
Cardinals Relief Pitchers
Brewers Hitting Trends
- The Brewers have put up at least two dingers in 54 games this season, and are 44-10 in those contests.
- Milwaukee has won each of its 21 games this season when putting up five or more extra-base hits.
- The team has put up at least eight hits 78 times this season, and has a 59-19 record in those games.
- Milwaukee is 71-10 in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Brewers have drawn at least five walks in 53 games this season, and are 40-13 in those contests.
Cardinals Hitting Trends
- They have won 44 of the 67 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- St. Louis has won 34 of its 41 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have won 64 of the 102 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- St. Louis has won 58 of its 74 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- In 49 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 20-29
Brewers vs. Cardinals Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Brewers (-110)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.