The Cleveland Guardians (72-81) start a four-game series against the Baltimore Orioles (95-57) on Thursday at Progressive Field. First pitch is at 7:15 PM. The Orioles will look to Grayson Rodriguez (6-4) versus the Guardians and Hunter Gaddis (2-1).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Baltimore vs. Cleveland Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 7:15 PM ET
- Where: Progressive Field in Cleveland, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: FOX
- Probable Pitchers: Rodriguez – BAL (6-4, 4.53 ERA) vs Gaddis – CLE (2-1, 4.85 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Orioles vs. Guardians Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Orioles Probable Starting Pitcher: Grayson Rodriguez
- The righty last appeared on Saturday against the Tampa Bay Rays, when he went eight scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- In 21 games this season, the 23-year-old has an ERA of 4.53, with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .253 against him.
- Rodriguez is looking to pick up his eighth quality start of the year.
- He has held his opponents without an earned run in five of his 21 outings this season.
- When Rodriguez starts, his team is 13-8-0 against the spread this season.
- In games Rodriguez has started this season, the teams are 14-6-1 at hitting the over.
Rodriguez’s Recent Performance
|vs. Rays||Sep. 16||8.0||5||0||0||7||0|
|at Red Sox||Sep. 10||4.1||7||4||2||6||2|
|at Angels||Sep. 4||6.0||7||2||2||7||2|
|vs. White Sox||Aug. 28||6.0||1||0||0||6||1|
|vs. Blue Jays||Aug. 22||6.0||8||3||3||5||2|
Guardians Probable Starting Pitcher: Hunter Gaddis
- The right-hander last pitched out of the bullpen on Tuesday, Aug. 29, when he threw three innings, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits to the Minnesota Twins.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 4.85 and 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .265 in 10 games this season.
- He has two quality starts in five chances this season.
- He has four appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 10 chances this season.
- The Guardians have gone 3-2-0 against the spread when Gaddis starts.
- Gaddis’ starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in two of five games.
Gaddis’ Recent Performance
|at Twins||Aug. 29||3.0||4||1||1||2||1|
|vs. Dodgers||Aug. 24||4.2||7||2||2||0||2|
|at Twins||Jun. 2||1.0||0||0||0||1||0|
|vs. Cardinals||May. 28||4.2||5||3||3||3||2|
|vs. White Sox||May. 22||6.0||2||0||0||4||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.