The Washington Nationals (68-85) open a four-game series against the Atlanta Braves (97-55) with a Thursday matchup at Nationals Park. First pitch is at 7:05 PM ET. The Braves will give the nod to Max Fried (7-1, 2.64 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 8 on the season, and the Nationals will turn to Jake Irvin (3-6, 4.34 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Atlanta vs. Washington Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN
- Probable Pitchers: Fried – ATL (7-1, 2.64 ERA) vs Irvin – WSH (3-6, 4.34 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Braves vs. Nationals Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher: Max Fried
- His most recent time out was on Tuesday, Sept. 12 against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the lefty tossed five innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.64, with 9.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in 13 games this season. Opponents are hitting .245 against him.
- Fried has seven quality starts this season.
- In five of his 13 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
- Fried’s team is 7-5-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- In Fried’s 12 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over seven times.
Fried’s Recent Performance
|at Phillies||Sep. 12||5.0||4||1||1||6||2|
|vs. Cardinals||Sep. 7||6.0||6||3||3||4||2|
|at Dodgers||Sep. 1||7.0||3||0||0||10||2|
|at Giants||Aug. 26||6.0||6||2||2||8||2|
|vs. Giants||Aug. 20||5.2||9||3||3||6||1|
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher: Jake Irvin
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed three hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 4.34 ERA this season with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.9 walks per nine across 23 games.
- In 23 starts this season, he’s earned eight quality starts.
- He has finished two appearances without allowing an earned run in 23 chances this season.
- The Nationals have a 10-13-0 ATS record in Irvin’s 23 starts that had a set spread.
- Irvin has had 23 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and 11 of those games finished over the total.
Irvin’s Recent Performance
|at Brewers||Sep. 15||4.2||3||4||4||6||5|
|vs. Dodgers||Sep. 9||6.0||3||1||1||4||2|
|vs. Marlins||Sep. 1||5.0||4||3||3||4||3|
|at Marlins||Aug. 26||6.0||4||1||1||3||3|
|vs. Phillies||Aug. 19||6.0||5||0||0||7||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.