The Chicago White Sox (58-95) open a three-game series against the Boston Red Sox (75-78) with a Friday matchup at Fenway Park. First pitch is at 7:10 PM ET. The probable pitchers are Chris Sale (6-4) for the Red Sox and Touki Toussaint (4-7) for the White Sox.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Boston vs. Chicago Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Friday, September 22, 2023 at 7:10 PM ET
- Where: Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts
- How to Watch on TV: NESN
- Probable Pitchers: Sale – BOS (6-4, 4.66 ERA) vs Toussaint – CHW (4-7, 5.40 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Red Sox vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Red Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Chris Sale
- In his most recent time out on Saturday, the left-hander tossed six innings against the Toronto Blue Jays, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- In 18 games this season, the 34-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.66, with 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .228 against him.
- Sale has six quality starts under his belt this season.
- In one of his appearances this season he did not give up an earned run.
- When Sale starts, his team is 11-7-0 against the spread this season.
- Games Sale has started this season hit the over 11 times in 18 chances.
Sale’s Recent Performance
|at Blue Jays||Sep. 16||6.0||2||1||1||10||2|
|vs. Orioles||Sep. 9||4.0||6||7||6||5||2|
|at Royals||Sep. 3||5.0||2||0||0||5||2|
|vs. Astros||Aug. 28||4.2||7||3||3||6||2|
|at Astros||Aug. 23||5.0||6||4||4||9||1|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: Touki Toussaint
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed five innings while giving up one earned run on three hits in a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 18 games this season with an ERA of 5.40 and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .212.
- He has started 14 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- He has four appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 18 chances this season.
- When Toussaint starts, the White Sox have gone 5-9-0 against the spread.
- Toussaint has had 14 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and four of those matchups hit the over.
Toussaint’s Recent Performance
|vs. Twins||Sep. 16||5.0||3||1||1||8||1|
|vs. Royals||Sep. 12||1.0||6||8||8||1||2|
|at Royals||Sep. 6||6.0||2||2||2||6||3|
|vs. Tigers||Sep. 1||5.1||5||3||3||6||2|
|vs. Athletics||Aug. 26||5.0||2||0||0||4||3|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.