The Arizona Diamondbacks (79-72) ride a three-game win streak into a home matchup versus the San Francisco Giants (76-74) at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
A projected close matchup pits the Diamondbacks (-117 on the moneyline) against the Giants (-105). The contest has an over/under of 8.
The insights in the following article use the latest odds as of September 19, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Diamondbacks vs Giants Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Diamondbacks Betting Insights
- The Diamondbacks have entered the game as favorites 65 times this season and won 39, or 60%, of those games.
- Arizona has a record of 38-21, a 64.4% win rate, when favored by -117 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 53.9% chance to win.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 66 of its 151 chances.
- The Diamondbacks are 82-69-0 against the spread in their 151 chances this season.
Diamondbacks Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.5|
Giants Betting Insights
- The Giants have won in 32, or 45.7%, of the 70 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This year, San Francisco has won 26 of 57 games when listed as at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 51.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 66 of its 150 opportunities.
- The Giants have posted a record of 68-82-0 against the spread this season.
Giants Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.6|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Diamondbacks or Giants, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Diamondbacks Probable Pitcher – Zac Gallen
- Gallen and his team have a record of 16-15-0 against the spread when he starts.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed five innings while giving up six earned runs on eight hits in a matchup with the New York Mets.
- Gallen will look to finish five or more innings for the 22nd start in a row.
- He has made 31 appearances and finished seven of them without allowing an earned run.
- Gallen’s team has won 61.9% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (13-8).
- Gallen’s team is 17-14 when he starts this season.
- Games Gallen has started this season hit the over 16 times in 31 chances.
Diamondbacks Relief Pitchers
Giants Probable Pitcher – Alex Cobb
- Cobb gets the start for the Giants, his 28th of the season. He is 7-6 with a 3.62 ERA and 130 strikeouts in 149 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Tuesday, Sept. 12 against the Cleveland Guardians, the righty tossed five innings, allowing no earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- Cobb has pitched five or more innings in a game 19 times this year heading into this matchup.
- He has had seven appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The Giants have a 7-5 record in Cobb’s 12 starts this season when they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Cobb’s team has won 18 of his 27 starts.
- Cobb has started 27 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in eight of them.
Giants Relief Pitchers
Diamondbacks Hitting Trends
- The Diamondbacks are 32-14 this season in games when they crush two or more home runs.
- Arizona has racked up at least five extra-base hits in 28 games this season, and has gone 21-7 in those outings.
- The club has racked up eight or more hits in 104 games this season, and is 71-33 in those contests.
- Arizona is 64-19 in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Diamondbacks have drawn five or more walks in 49 games this season, and are 25-24 in those contests.
Giants Hitting Trends
- They have won 30 of the 49 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- In 26 games with five or more extra-base hits this season, it has a record of 18-8.
- They have won 57 of the 85 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- San Francisco has a 47-19 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- In 38 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 22-16
Diamondbacks vs. Giants Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Diamondbacks (-117)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.