The Oakland Athletics (46-104), who lost their previous five games, square off against the Seattle Mariners (82-68) at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on Tuesday. First pitch is at 9:40 PM ET. The Mariners will give the nod to Luis Castillo (13-7, 3.08 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 14 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to Paul Blackburn (4-5, 4.14 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Seattle vs. Oakland Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NSPCA
- Probable Pitchers: Castillo – SEA (13-7, 3.08 ERA) vs Blackburn – OAK (4-5, 4.14 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Mariners vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher: Luis Castillo
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- In 30 games this season, the 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.08, with 9.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .208 against him.
- Castillo is looking to build on a second-game quality start streak in this outing.
- He has made nine appearances this season in which he did not give up an earned run.
- This season, the 30-year-old ranks sixth in ERA (3.08), second in WHIP (1.042), and 13th in K/9 (9.9) among qualifying pitchers.
- Castillo and his team have a record of 11-19-0 against the spread when he starts.
- In games Castillo has started this season, the teams are 16-14-0 at hitting the over.
Castillo’s Recent Performance
|vs. Angels||Sep. 13||6.0||3||2||2||8||3|
|at Rays||Sep. 7||6.0||4||0||0||8||4|
|at Mets||Sep. 2||5.0||8||5||5||2||2|
|vs. Royals||Aug. 27||7.0||1||0||0||6||1|
|at White Sox||Aug. 21||7.0||5||1||1||9||0|
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher: Paul Blackburn
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed four hits in three innings pitched against the Houston Astros on Wednesday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 19 games this season with an ERA of 4.14, a 2.55 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.537.
- He has earned a quality start six times in 18 starts this season.
- In 19 appearances this season, he has finished three without allowing an earned run.
- The Athletics have a 13-5-0 record against the spread in Blackburn’s starts.
- Blackburn has had 18 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in seven of those matchups.
Blackburn’s Recent Performance
|at Astros||Sep. 13||3.0||4||4||4||2||3|
|at Rangers||Sep. 8||3.0||6||2||2||5||3|
|vs. Angels||Sep. 2||5.0||4||1||1||4||3|
|at White Sox||Aug. 27||6.0||8||4||2||6||2|
|vs. Royals||Aug. 21||6.0||4||2||2||6||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.