The Baltimore Orioles (94-56) enter a matchup against the Houston Astros (84-67) on Tuesday following a three-game winning streak. The game is set to begin at 8:10 PM ET at Minute Maid Park. The Astros will give the ball to Hunter Brown (11-11, 4.61 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 12 on the season, and the Orioles will counter with Kyle Gibson (14-9, 4.98 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Houston vs. Baltimore Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 8:10 PM ET
- Where: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
- How to Watch on TV: SNSW
- Probable Pitchers: Brown – HOU (11-11, 4.61 ERA) vs Gibson – BAL (14-9, 4.98 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Astros vs. Orioles Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Astros Probable Starting Pitcher: Hunter Brown
- The right-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the Oakland Athletics, when he threw five scoreless innings without surrendering a hit.
- The 25-year-old has a 4.61 ERA and 10.4 strikeouts per nine innings across 28 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .254 to his opponents.
- Brown is looking to pick up his 12th quality start of the year.
- In six of his 28 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- Brown’s team is 11-16-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- Out of Brown’s 27 starts with a total this season, 14 have hit the over.
Brown’s Recent Performance
|vs. Athletics||Sep. 13||5.0||0||0||0||7||2|
|vs. Padres||Sep. 8||4.1||6||6||6||5||2|
|vs. Yankees||Sep. 2||4.0||5||5||3||5||4|
|at Tigers||Aug. 26||5.0||4||2||2||9||2|
|vs. Mariners||Aug. 20||2.2||8||6||6||5||2|
Orioles Probable Starting Pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 6 2/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up one earned run while allowing three hits.
- The 35-year-old has an ERA of 4.98 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .268 in 30 games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- He has one appearance with no earned runs allowed in 30 chances this season.
- The 35-year-old’s 4.98 ERA ranks 40th, 1.323 WHIP ranks 37th, and 7.4 K/9 ranks 37th among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
- When Gibson starts, the Orioles are 20-10-0 against the spread.
- Gibson’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in 16 of 30 games.
Gibson’s Recent Performance
|vs. Cardinals||Sep. 13||6.2||3||1||1||4||3|
|at Angels||Sep. 6||6.0||6||3||3||3||2|
|vs. White Sox||Aug. 30||4.1||9||7||7||2||0|
|vs. Blue Jays||Aug. 24||8.0||6||3||3||8||1|
|at Athletics||Aug. 18||5.0||9||4||4||6||0|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.