The Washington Nationals (66-85) play at home against the Chicago White Sox (58-93) on Tuesday. The contest is set to begin at 7:05 PM ET. The Nationals will give the ball to Jackson Rutledge (0-1, 17.18 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 1 on the season, and the White Sox will turn to Jose Urena (0-6, 8.48 ERA).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Washington vs. Chicago Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 7:05 PM ET
- Where: Nationals Park in Washington D.C.
- How to Watch on TV: MASN2
- Probable Pitchers: Rutledge – WSH (0-1, 17.18 ERA) vs Urena – CHW (0-6, 8.48 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Nationals vs. White Sox Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Nationals Probable Starting Pitcher: Jackson Rutledge
- His most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when the right-hander tossed 3 2/3 innings, surrendering seven earned runs while allowing 10 hits.
- He has a 17.18 ERA and 4.9 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .455 against him over his one appearances this season.
- Rutledge helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- The only game started by Rutledge with a total this season hit the over.
Rutledge’s Recent Performance
|at Pirates||Sep. 13||3.2||10||7||7||2||1|
White Sox Probable Starting Pitcher: José Ureña
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs in 6 1/3 innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 8.48, a 1.25 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.884.
- Urena has not earned a quality start in seven starts this season.
- He has not pitched this season without allowing at least one earned run.
- The White Sox have failed to cover in each of the seven games Urena has started that had a spread set by oddsmakers.
- Urena has started seven contests with a total set by oddsmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in four of them.
Urena’s Recent Performance
|vs. Twins||Sep. 14||6.1||7||6||6||8||0|
|at Tigers||Sep. 9||4.0||4||1||1||3||2|
|at Phillies||Apr. 23||3.2||3||4||4||0||4|
|vs. Pirates||Apr. 18||4.2||7||5||5||2||2|
|vs. Cardinals||Apr. 12||5.0||5||3||3||6||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.