The Minnesota Twins (79-72) visit Cincinnati to face the Cincinnati Reds (79-73) at 6:40 PM ET on Tuesday. The Twins will call on Kenta Maeda (5-7) versus the Reds and Fernando Cruz (1-1).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Minnesota vs. Cincinnati Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 6:40 PM ET
- Where: Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati, Ohio
- How to Watch on TV: BSOH
- Probable Pitchers: Maeda – MIN (5-7, 4.50 ERA) vs Cruz – CIN (1-1, 4.05 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Twins vs. Reds Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Twins Probable Starting Pitcher: Kenta Maeda
- His last time out was on Thursday against the Chicago White Sox, when the right-hander went seven innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 35-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.50, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in 19 games this season. Opponents have a .246 batting average against him.
- Maeda is trying to pick up his seventh quality start of the year.
- In one of his 19 total appearances this season he has not surrendered an earned run.
- Maeda’s team is 12-7-0 against the spread this season in his starts.
- In Maeda’s 19 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 12 times.
Maeda’s Recent Performance
|at White Sox||Sep. 14||7.0||4||2||2||8||1|
|vs. Mets||Sep. 9||5.1||5||2||2||2||1|
|at Rangers||Sep. 3||5.0||9||3||3||3||2|
|vs. Guardians||Aug. 28||4.0||7||6||6||3||1|
|at Brewers||Aug. 23||5.0||4||3||3||6||2|
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher: Fernando Cruz
- The right-hander’s last appearance came in relief on Saturday when he threw two scoreless innings out of the bullpen against the New York Mets without allowing a hit.
- He has an ERA of 4.05, a batting average against of .193 and 13.2 strikeouts per nine innings in 53 games this season.
- He is looking for his fifth appearance in a row with no earned runs allowed.
- Cruz has started only one game with a set spread, which the Reds failed to cover.
- Cruz’s only start with a total this season went over.
Cruz’s Recent Performance
|at Mets||Sep. 16||2.0||0||0||0||1||0|
|at Tigers||Sep. 13||0.2||0||0||0||2||1|
|at Tigers||Sep. 12||1.0||1||0||0||1||0|
|vs. Cardinals||Sep. 9||1.0||0||0||0||3||0|
|vs. Cardinals||Sep. 8||0.2||1||2||2||2||1|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.