When the Seattle Seahawks (1-1) and the Carolina Panthers (0-2) meet on Sunday, September 24 at 4:05 PM ET, the Seahawks will be aiming to follow up their recent victory over the Lions with another win, and the Panthers will be trying to rebound from a loss to the Saints.
The Seahawks are 6-point favorites against the Panthers. The total is set at 41.5 points.
The insights in this article reference odds valid as of September 21, 2023 at 11:12 AM ET. See below the latest odds for this matchup and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Seahawks Vs Panthers Odds
Seahawks vs. Panthers Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Seahawks (-6)||Over (41.5)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings (2022)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||23.9 (9)||20.4 (20)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||23.6 (25)||22.0 (19)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.7 (7)||5.3 (17)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.5 (20)||5.4 (15)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||23 (17)||21 (8)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||25 (8)||17 (27)|
Seahawks Betting Insights
- The Seahawks had seven wins in 17 games against the spread last year.
- Seattle didn’t have a win ATS (0-1) as favorites of 6 points or more last year.
- There were eight Seattle games (out of 17) that hit the over last year.
- The Seahawks and their opponent broke the 41.5-point mark nine times last year.
- The over/under in this matchup is 41.5 points, 3.9 fewer than the average total in last season’s Seattle contests.
Panthers Betting Insights
- Against the spread, the Panthers were 9-8-0 last year.
- Carolina had two wins ATS (2-3) as a 6-point underdog or greater last year.
- Last season, eight of the Panthers’ 17 games hit the over.
- Carolina games finished with over 41.5 points scored eight times last year.
- The over/under for this game is 0.3 points higher than the average scoring total for Panthers games last season (41.2).
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Seahawks Players to Watch
- Geno Smith put together an impressive passing stat line last year with 4,282 yards (251.9 yards per game), going 399-for-572 (69.8% completion percentage) with 30 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. He was impressive in the running game as well, with 366 rushing yards on 68 carries, one rushing TD, and averaging 21.5 yards per game.
- Last season Kenneth Walker III took 228 carries for 1,050 yards (70.0 per game) and scored nine touchdowns.
- D.K. Metcalf reeled in 90 catches for 1,048 yards (61.6 per game) while being targeted 141 times. He also scored six touchdowns.
- Tyler Lockett produced last season, catching 84 passes for 1,033 yards and nine touchdowns. He averaged 64.6 receiving yards per game.
- Noah Fant grabbed 50 passes for 486 yards and four touchdowns, putting up 28.6 yards per game last season.
- Darrell Taylor’s hard work last season produced a stat line of 9.5 sacks, 8.0 TFL and 26 tackles.
- Jordyn Brooks was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 161 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack last year.
- Tariq Woolen intercepted six passes last year while also totaling 63 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 16 passes defended.
Panthers Players to Watch
- Miles Sanders averaged 74.6 rushing yards and accumulated 11 rushing touchdowns.
- Last season Chuba Hubbard rushed for 466 yards. He also scored two total touchdowns.
- Adam Thielen averaged 42.1 receiving yards and grabbed six receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2022 season.
- D.J. Chark caught 30 passes last season on his way to 502 yards and three receiving touchdowns.
- Terrace Marshall Jr. played his way to one receiving touchdown and 490 receiving yards (35.0 ypg) last season.
- Brian Burns proved to be a menacing defender last year, recording 12.5 sacks, 17.0 TFL and 63 tackles.
- Frankie Luvu was all over the field last season with 111 tackles, 19.0 TFL, 7.0 sacks, and one interception.
- Vonn Bell collected four interceptions in addition to 77 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and eight passes defended a year ago.
How to Bet on Seahawks vs Panthers
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.