After going down 17-9 to the Chiefs in their last tilt, the Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) will host the Houston Texans (0-2), who are coming off a 31-20 loss to the Colts, at TIAA Bank Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, September 24.
The Jaguars are the favorite by 9 points over the Texans. The total is set at 44 points.
The betting facts in what follows use the latest odds as of September 21, 2023 at 7:11 PM ET. See below the latest odds for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Jaguars Vs Texans Odds
Jaguars vs. Texans Predictions
|ATS pick||Over/Under pick|
|Jaguars (-9)||Under (44)|
Ready to put your picks to the test? Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook and bet on this matchup today!
Team Stat Rankings (2022)
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||23.8 (10)||17.0 (30)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||20.6 (12)||24.7 (27)|
|Off. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.7 (7)||4.7 (32)|
|Def. Yards per Play (Rank)||5.4 (15)||5.7 (25)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||22 (14)||28 (31)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||27 (4)||27 (4)|
Jaguars Betting Insights
- The Jaguars had eight wins in 17 games against the spread last season.
- There were eight Jacksonville games (out of 17) that hit the over last season.
- Jaguars games finished with more than 44 points 12 times last season.
- The over/under for this game and the average total for Jacksonville games last season are equal at 44.
Texans Betting Insights
- The Texans covered the spread nine times in 17 games last year.
- As 9-point underdogs or more, Houston went 4-0-1 against the spread last year.
- The Texans had seven of their 17 games go over the point total last season.
- There were seven Houston games last year with more than 44 points scored.
- Texans games averaged 43.2 total points last season, 0.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
Watch live NFL games, including the Super Bowl, On The Go with NFL+ for $12.99! Get a limited time offer on NFL+ for the rest of this season so you can watch live games on your mobile devices, catch up with NFL Network live on mobile, and get live audio of every game. Check out our link for this great offer for NFL+ just in time for the Super Bowl!
Jaguars Players to Watch
- Last season Trevor Lawrence put together a monster stat line with 4,113 passing yards (241.9 per game), a 66.3% completion percentage (387-for-584), 25 touchdowns, and only eight interceptions. He also added 291 rushing yards on 62 carries with five rushing TDs (averaging 17.1 yards per game).
- Travis Etienne churned out 1,125 rushing yards (66.2 per game) and five touchdowns last season. In the receiving game, he made 35 catches for 316 yards.
- Christian Kirk hauled in 84 catches for 1,108 yards (65.2 per game) while being targeted 133 times. He also scored eight touchdowns.
- Zay Jones produced last season, grabbing 82 passes for 823 yards and five touchdowns. He averaged 51.4 receiving yards per game.
- Evan Engram’s stat line last season: 766 receiving yards, 73 catches, four touchdowns, on 98 targets.
- Josh Allen stacked up 6.0 sacks, 11.0 TFL and 57 tackles last season.
- Foyesade Oluokun was a wrecking ball on the field, collecting 184 tackles, 12.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks last year.
- Tyson Campbell intercepted three passes last year while also totaling 70 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 15 passes defended.
Texans Players to Watch
- Dameon Pierce accumulated 939 rushing yards and four touchdowns on the ground during last year’s campaign.
- Devin Singletary ran for five touchdowns on 819 yards a year ago. Singletary also was efficient as a receiver, totaling 38 receptions for 280 yards with one touchdown.
- Dalton Schultz averaged 38.5 receiving yards and racked up five receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2022 season.
- Robert Woods averaged 31.0 receiving yards on 5.4 targets per game in 2022, scoring two touchdowns.
- Nico Collins averaged 48.1 receiving yards per game on 6.6 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Jerry Hughes put pressure on opposing quarterbacks with 9.0 sacks, and added 10.0 TFL, 35 tackles, and one interception.
- Jalen Pitre had an impressive defensive performance last season with 147 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and five interceptions.
How to Bet on Jaguars vs Texans
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.