The Oakland Athletics (46-104) will look to snap a five-game losing streak when hosting the Seattle Mariners (82-68) at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Mariners are heavily favored (-240 on the moneyline to win) when they square off against the Athletics (+190). The over/under for this game is 8.5.
The betting insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of September 19, 2023 at 9:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Mariners vs Athletics Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Mariners Betting Insights
- The Mariners have entered the game as favorites 104 times this season and won 60, or 57.7%, of those games.
- Seattle has entered 16 games this season favored by -240 or more and is 11-5 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 70.6% chance of a victory for the Mariners.
- Games involving Seattle has gone over the total set by bookmakers in 75 of 150 chances this season.
- The Mariners are 70-80-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.9|
Athletics Betting Insights
- The Athletics have been victorious in 45, or 30.6%, of the 147 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Oakland has come away with a win 13 times in 56 chances when named as an underdog of at least +190 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 34.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Oakland and its opponents have hit the over in 79 of its 150 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 150 games with a line this season, the Athletics have a mark of 73-77-0 against the spread.
Athletics Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Mariners or Athletics, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Mariners Probable Pitcher – Luis Castillo
- Castillo and his team are 10-20-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in six innings against the Los Angeles Angels.
- Castillo has pitched five or more innings in 30 straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- He has nine appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 30 chances this season.
- Castillo’s team has won 65.4% of his starts when they are favored on the moneyline (17-9).
- Castillo’s team is 18-12 when he starts this season.
- Games started by Castillo have a 16-14-0 record at hitting the over this season.
Mariners Relief Pitchers
Athletics Probable Pitcher – Paul Blackburn
- Blackburn (4-5) takes the mound first for the Athletics in his 19th start of the season. He has a 4.14 ERA in 95 2/3 innings pitched, with 97 strikeouts.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the right-hander went three innings against the Houston Astros, giving up four earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Blackburn has 15 starts this year where he pitched five or more innings.
- In three of his appearances this season he has not give up an earned run.
- The Athletics have been the moneyline underdog in 16 of Blackburn’s starts this season, and they went 9-7 in those games.
- Blackburn’s team has a 10-8 record in his starts this season.
- Blackburn has had 18 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in seven of those games.
Athletics Relief Pitchers
Mariners Hitting Trends
- The Mariners have a 41-15 record this season in games when they smash at least two home runs.
- Seattle has gone 26-3 in its 29 games this season with five or more extra-base hits.
- The team is 64-29 in the games this season it has totaled eight or more hits.
- Seattle is 68-11 in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Mariners have drawn at least five walks in 49 games this season, and are 34-15 in those contests.
Athletics Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 48 games this season and are 30-18 in those matchups.
- Oakland has won 22 of its 27 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have won 32 of the 65 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- Oakland has a 35-15 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- In 37 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 20-17
Mariners vs. Athletics Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Mariners (-240)
Over/Under Pick: Under (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.