The Washington Nationals (66-85) host the Chicago White Sox (58-93) on Tuesday at Nationals Park, at 7:05 PM ET.
The Nationals are favored (-120 moneyline odds) when they host the White Sox (+100). The matchup has an over/under of 9.5 total runs.
The betting insights in what follows are based off odds valid as of September 19, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Nationals vs White Sox Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Nationals Betting Insights
- This season, the Nationals have been favored 10 times and won seven of those games.
- Washington is 6-2 this season when entering a game favored by -120 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 54.5% chance to win.
- Games involving Washington has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 71 of 150 chances this season.
- In 150 games with a spread this season, the Nationals are 79-71-0 ATS.
Nationals Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.4|
White Sox Betting Insights
- The White Sox have been underdogs in 104 games this season and have come away with the win 34 times (32.7%) in those contests.
- This season, Chicago has come away with a win 30 times in 94 chances when named as an underdog of at least +100 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the White Sox have a 50% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Chicago has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 70 of 151 chances this season.
- In 151 games with a line this season, the White Sox have a mark of 74-77-0 against the spread.
White Sox Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.7|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Nationals or White Sox, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Nationals Probable Pitcher – Jackson Rutledge
- Rutledge helped his team cover the spread in his only opportunity this season as a starter.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 3 2/3 innings, giving up seven earned runs while allowing 10 hits against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- This will be Rutledge’s first game as the moneyline favorite this season.
- Rutledge’s team lost in his only start this season.
- The only game started by Rutledge with a total this season hit the over.
Nationals Relief Pitchers
White Sox Probable Pitcher – Jose Urena
- Urena gets the start for the White Sox, his eighth of the season. He is 0-6 with an 8.48 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 28 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Thursday against the Minnesota Twins, when he went 6 1/3 innings, surrendering six earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Urena has pitched five or more innings in a game two times this season entering this game.
- He given up one or more earned runs in each of his appearances in 2023.
- The White Sox were the moneyline underdog for five Urena starts this season — they lost every game.
- Urena’s team has lost all seven of his starts this season.
- Urena has started seven contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in four of them.
White Sox Relief Pitchers
Nationals Hitting Trends
- The Nationals have put up two or more round-trippers in 38 games this season, and are 24-14 in those outings.
- Washington is 18-5 in games this season when it has put up at least five extra-base hits.
- The club is 53-44 in the games this season it has collected eight or more hits.
- Washington is 46-18 in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Nationals are 16-11 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
White Sox Hitting Trends
- They have won 24 of the 45 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- Chicago has won 18 of its 25 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have won 48 of the 89 games in which they’ve collected eight or more hits this season.
- In 59 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 43-16.
- They have a 8-9 record this season when drawing five or more walks in a game.
Nationals vs. White Sox Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Nationals (-120)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.