The Baltimore Orioles (94-56) aim to extend their three-game winning streak when they square off against the Houston Astros (84-67) on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET, at Minute Maid Park.
The Orioles (+143 underdog on the moneyline to win) visit the Astros (-172). The total in the game is set at 9 total runs.
The betting trends in the article below reflect odds as of September 19, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Astros vs Orioles Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Astros Betting Insights
- This season, the Astros have won 59 out of the 111 games, or 53.2%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Houston has entered 47 games this season favored by -172 or more and is 29-18 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 63.2% chance to win.
- So far this season, Houston and its opponents have hit the over in 79 of 151 games with a total.
- The Astros are 75-76-0 against the spread in their 151 chances this season.
Astros Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.3|
Orioles Betting Insights
- The Orioles have come away with 44 wins in the 76 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Baltimore has won seven of 12 games when listed as at least +143 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 41.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Baltimore has gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 79 of 150 chances this season.
- The Orioles are 92-58-0 against the spread in their 150 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Orioles Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.4|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Astros or Orioles, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Astros Probable Pitcher – Hunter Brown
- Brown and his team are 10-17-0 ATS this season when he starts.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed five innings without a run or hit allowed in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- Brown has made 17 starts of five or more innings in 27 chances this season, and averages 5.2 frames when he pitches.
- He has six appearances with no earned runs allowed in 28 chances this season.
- Brown’s team has a record of 11-11 this season when he starts and they are the favorite on the moneyline.
- Brown’s team has won 14 of his 27 starts.
- In Brown’s 27 starts with a total, the teams have hit the over 14 times.
Astros Relief Pitchers
Orioles Probable Pitcher – Kyle Gibson
- Gibson (14-9) gets the starting nod for the Orioles in his 31st start of the season. He has a 4.98 ERA in 175 1/3 innings pitched, with 144 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when the right-hander went 6 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Gibson will try to go five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 5.8 frames per outing.
- In one of his appearances this season he has not surrender an earned run.
- The Orioles have been the underdog on the moneyline in 16 of Gibson’s starts this season, and they went 8-8 in those games.
- Gibson’s team has compiled a 17-13 record in his 30 starts.
- Gibson has had 30 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to go over the total in 16 of those outings.
Orioles Relief Pitchers
Astros Hitting Trends
- The Astros have a 40-14 record in games this season when they hit at least two homers.
- Houston has collected at least five extra-base hits in 35 games this season, and has gone 27-8 in those outings.
- The club has collected eight or more hits 104 times this season, and has a 78-26 record in those games.
- Houston is 73-13 in games this season when it scored at least five runs.
- The Astros have gone 39-9 over the 48 games this season when they have drawn five or more walks.
Orioles Hitting Trends
- They’ve hit two or more homers in 56 games this season and are 42-14 in those matchups.
- Baltimore has won 36 of its 39 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have a record of 71-27 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- Baltimore has a 74-11 record this season when scoring five or more runs in a game.
- In 37 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 28-9
Astros vs. Orioles Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Astros (-172)
Over/Under Pick: Over (9)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.