Rafael Devers has 98 RBI, and will try to get his 100th when the Boston Red Sox (75-76) meet the Texas Rangers (82-68) at 8:05 PM ET on Tuesday.
The Rangers are favored (-145 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Red Sox (+120). The contest has an over/under of 8.5.
The betting facts in this article use the latest odds as of September 19, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Rangers vs Red Sox Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Rangers Betting Insights
- The Rangers have entered the game as favorites 102 times this season and won 58, or 56.9%, of those games.
- This season Texas has won 36 of its 61 games, or 59%, when favored by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Rangers, based on the moneyline, is 59.2%.
- Texas’ games have gone over the total in 79 of its 150 chances.
- In 150 games with a spread this season, the Rangers are 79-71-0 ATS.
Rangers Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||5.5|
Red Sox Betting Insights
- The Red Sox have been victorious in 36, or 46.2%, of the 78 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Boston has a mark of 21-14 in contests where oddsmakers favor it by +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Red Sox have an implied victory probability of 45.5% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 79 of its 151 opportunities.
- The Red Sox have an against the spread record of 74-77-0 in 151 games with a line this season.
Red Sox Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||4.1|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Rangers or Red Sox, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Rangers Probable Pitcher – Nathan Eovaldi
- Eovaldi’s team is 13-9-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in 3 1/3 innings against the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Eovaldi has started 22 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 19 times. He averages 5.9 innings per appearance.
- He has eight appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 22 chances this season.
- Eovaldi’s team has been victorious in 64.3% of the games he’s started as the moneyline favorite with a record of 9-5.
- Eovaldi’s team has a 13-9 record in his starts this season.
- Out of Eovaldi’s 22 starts with a total this season, 12 have hit the over.
Rangers Relief Pitchers
Red Sox Probable Pitcher – Tanner Houck
- Houck (5-9) gets the starting nod for the Red Sox in his 19th start of the season. He has a 4.94 ERA in 93 2/3 innings pitched, with 87 strikeouts.
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Thursday against the New York Yankees, when he went six scoreless innings while allowing four hits.
- Houck will aim to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.2 frames per outing.
- He has had one outing this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The Red Sox have a 2-10 record in Houck’s 12 starts this season when they were the underdog on the moneyline.
- Houck’s team is 8-10 in his 18 starts.
- Houck’s starts went over the run total 10 times in 18 games with a set total this season.
Red Sox Relief Pitchers
Rangers Hitting Trends
- The Rangers have racked up at least two round-trippers in 70 games this season, and are 50-20 in those contests.
- Texas has racked up at least five extra-base hits in 49 games this season, and has gone 35-14 in those contests.
- The team has notched at least eight hits 116 times this season, and has a 76-40 record in those games.
- Texas has a 71-24 record in games this season when it put up five or more runs.
- The Rangers have drawn five or more walks in 52 games this season, and are 33-19 in those contests.
Red Sox Hitting Trends
- They have won 33 of the 47 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- Boston has won 30 of its 42 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- They have a record of 62-42 this season when collecting eight or more base hits in a game.
- In 77 games this season with five or more runs scored, it has posted a record of 62-15.
- In 31 games this season with five or more walks drawn, they’ve posted a record of 17-14
Rangers vs. Red Sox Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Rangers (-145)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8.5)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.