The Sam Houston Bearkats (0-2) play on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET at TDECU Stadium versus the Houston Cougars (1-2).
The Cougars last took to the field against the TCU Horned Frogs, and they were defeated 36-13. The Bearkats fell short by a final score of 14-0 last time out against the BYU Cougars.
In that last outing for the Cougars, Donovan Smith completed 17 of 35 passing attempts (48.6%) and totaled 225 yards through the air while throwing two interceptions. Stacy Sneed had 10 rushing attempts and wound up with 36 yards. Sam Brown ended the contest with five catches for 99 yards.
In the Bearkats’ last game, Keegan Shoemaker threw for 44 yards on 8-14 passing (57.1%). Zach Hrbacek rushed for 29 yards on 10 attempts. Ife Adeyi gained 20 yards on three receptions.
Want to bet on Houston or Sam Houston? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Houston Players to Watch
- This year, Smith has racked up 718 passing yards (239.3 yards per game) while completing 63 of 111 passes (56.8% completion percentage), with four touchdowns and three interceptions. He has added 78 rushing yards on 41 carries (plus three touchdowns), averaging 26 yards per game.
- Sneed has churned out a team-high 103 rushing yards (34.3 yards per game) and scored one touchdown.
- So far this year Tony Mathis has rushed for 98 yards on 16 carries (49 ypg).
- Brown has 20 catches, leading his team with 343 yards (114.3 ypg) this season.
- Joseph Manjack IV has hauled in 14 catches for 152 yards (50.7 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Matthew Golden has 152 receiving yards on 13 receptions, with three touchdowns, averaging 50.7 yards per game.
Sam Houston Players to Watch
- Shoemaker has passed for 191 yards while completing 55.3% of his throws (26-of-47), with zero touchdowns and three interceptions (95.5 yards per game).
- Hrbacek has run for a team-high 30 yards on 15 attempts (15 yards per game) and zero touchdowns.
- John Gentry has rushed for 25 yards on 10 carries (12.5 yards per game) this year.
- Noah Smith has six catches, leading his team with 56 yards (28 ypg) this season.
- Adeyi has also chipped in with 48 yards on six catches. He averages 24 receiving yards per game this year.
- Malik Phillips has 20 receiving yards on one catch, averaging 20 yards per game.
Houston vs. Sam Houston Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||23.7 (96)||1.5 (76)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||31 (102)||13.5 (7)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||3 (33)||3 (67)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||7 (12)||1 (31)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.