One of the top quarterbacks in college football will be on display when Garrett Shrader and the Syracuse Orange (3-0) host the Army Black Knights (2-1) on Saturday, September 23, 2023.
The Orange won 35-20 last time out when they met the Purdue Boilermakers. The Black Knights picked up a 37-29 win last time out against the UTSA Roadrunners.
Last time out for the Orange, Shrader finished with 14 completions on 28 attempts (50.0%) for 184 yards while throwing one interception, plus 25 rushing attempts for 195 yards plus four rushing touchdowns. LeQuint Allen carried the ball 17 times for 80 yards and one touchdown. He also posted six receptions for 62 yards. Damien Alford snagged four passes for 70 yards.
For the Black Knights in their last game, Bryson Daily finished with seven completions on 17 attempts (41.2%) for 133 yards, tossing one touchdown, plus 24 rushing attempts for 100 yards and one rushing touchdown. Hayden Reed carried the ball 20 times for 107 yards and one touchdown. Noah Short caught three passes for 68 yards with one touchdown.
Want to bet on Syracuse or Army? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Syracuse Players to Watch
- This year, Shrader has racked up 727 passing yards (242.3 yards per game) while going 51-for-82 (62.2% completion percentage) and throwing five touchdowns and two interceptions. He has tacked on 266 rushing yards on 36 carries with five touchdowns, averaging 88.7 yards per game.
- Allen has 207 yards on 41 carries (69 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns. He also has eight catches for 72 yards (24 ypg).
- Donovan Brown has 12 catches, leading his team with 206 yards (68.7 ypg) while also scoring one touchdown this season.
- Umari Hatcher’s stat line this year shows nine catches for 188 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 94 receiving yards per game.
- Isaiah Jones has racked up 157 yards on eight receptions with two touchdowns, averaging 78.5 yards per game.
Army Players to Watch
- Daily leads the team with 447 passing yards (149 yards per game) and has a 51.3% completion percentage this year (20-of-39) while throwing four touchdowns with two interceptions. He also has 232 rushing yards on 56 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 77.3 yards per game.
- So far this year Reed has rushed for 153 yards on 33 carries (51 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Isaiah Alston has hauled in eight receptions for 250 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 83.3 receiving yards per game.
- Short has chipped in with 87 yards (on five catches) and one touchdown.
- Liam Fortner has caught one pass for 53 yards, averaging 26.5 yards per game this year.
Syracuse vs. Army Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||49.3 (6)||35.7 (45)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||9 (4)||15.3 (28)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||4 (63)||6 (100)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||8 (6)||5 (43)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.