At Centennial Bank Stadium on Saturday, the Southern Miss Golden Eagles (1-2) play the Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-2).
Last time out, the Golden Eagles bested the Alcorn State Braves, 40-14. The Red Wolves lost in their last outing by a final score of 73-0 against the Oklahoma Sooners.
Last time out for the Golden Eagles, Billy Wiles finished with 19 completions on 33 attempts (57.6%) for 177 yards. Rodrigues Clark carried the ball five times for 17 yards. Jakarius Caston snagged two passes for 54 yards.
In the Red Wolves’ last game, Jaylen Raynor threw for 78 yards on 4-6 passing (66.7%), adding one touchdown, plus nine rushing attempts for 57 yards. Ja’Quez Cross ran for two touchdowns while racking up 164 yards on 15 attempts. Jeff Foreman earned 42 yards on one reception.
Want to bet on Southern Miss or Arkansas State? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Southern Miss Players to Watch
- This year, Wiles has collected 598 passing yards (199.3 yards per game) while going 51-for-95 (53.7% completion percentage) and throwing three touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Clark has rushed for a team-leading 157 yards on 29 carries (52.3 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Frank Gore Jr. has rushed for 76 yards on 30 carries (25.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Caston has reeled in nine passes for a team-high 181 yards while scoring one touchdown. He averages 60.3 yards per game.
- Latreal Jones has also contributed with 10 receptions for 114 yards.
- Tiaquelin Mims has caught six passes for 70 yards, averaging 23.3 yards per game this year.
Arkansas State Players to Watch
- This year, JT Shrout has recorded 227 passing yards (113.5 yards per game) while going 24-for-51 (47.1% completion percentage) and throwing two interceptions.
- Cross has taken 28 attempts for a team-leading 231 rushing yards (77 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Zak Wallace has 100 yards on 30 carries (33.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Courtney Jackson has grabbed seven passes for a team-best 105 yards with one touchdown. He averages 35 yards per game.
- Corey Rucker’s stat line this year shows seven catches for 85 yards. He puts up 28.3 receiving yards per game.
- Reagan Ealy has collected 63 yards on seven receptions, averaging 31.5 yards per game.
Southern Miss vs. Arkansas State Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Southern Miss||Arkansas State|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||18.7 (117)||11.3 (131)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||33.7 (113)||39 (123)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||2 (12)||5 (78)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||2 (105)||0 (128)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.