The Marshall Thundering Herd (2-0) play on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET against the Virginia Tech Hokies (1-2) at Joan C. Edwards Stadium.
The Thundering Herd last played against the Albany (NY) Great Danes, and they won 21-17. In their most recent outing, the Hokies took on the Purdue Boilermakers and fell short by a final score of 24-17.
In that last outing for the Thundering Herd, Cam Fancher completed 15 of 28 passing attempts (53.6%) and totaled 178 yards through the air. Rasheen Ali had 18 rushing attempts and wound up with 85 yards and three touchdowns while also hauling in four receptions for 45 yards. Caleb McMillan found paydirt once, and ended the contest with four catches for 85 yards.
For the Hokies in their last game, Kyron Drones completed 19 of 32 passing attempts (59.4%) and totaled 190 yards through the air, connecting on one touchdown pass but giving away one interception. Bhayshul Tuten had 11 rushing attempts and finished with 45 yards and one touchdown. Da’Quan Felton found paydirt once, and ended the contest with six catches for 84 yards.
Want to bet on Marshall or Virginia Tech? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Marshall Players to Watch
- Fancher has thrown for 446 yards while completing 68.3% of his passes (43-of-63), with one touchdown and one interception this year (223 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 20 times for 46 yards, averaging 23 yards per game.
- Ali has run for a team-leading 222 yards on 36 carries (111 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns. He also averages 23.5 receiving yards per game, grabbing five passes for 47 yards.
- Cade Conley has racked up nine receptions for 114 yards, best on his team. He averages 57 receiving yards per game.
- Charles Montgomery has added seven receptions for 97 yards and one touchdown.
- McMillan has 85 receiving yards on four receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 85 yards per game.
Virginia Tech Players to Watch
- Grant Wells has passed for 494 yards while completing 53.2% of his throws (33-of-62), with five touchdowns and two interceptions (247 yards per game).
- Tuten has taken 38 carries for a team-leading 104 rushing yards (34.7 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He’s also caught three passes for 50 yards (16.7 receiving yards per game) with one touchdown through the air.
- Drones has 89 yards on 26 carries (29.7 ypg).
- Jaylin Lane has nine catches and paces his team with 123 receiving yards (61.5 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Felton has contributed with seven catches for 118 yards and one touchdown this year. He puts up 59 receiving yards per game.
- Dae’Quan Wright is averaging 37.3 yards per game, racking up nine receptions for 112 yards.
Marshall vs. Virginia Tech Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||26 (118)||23 (98)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||15 (7)||25.3 (75)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||2 (12)||4 (60)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||2 (105)||3 (84)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.