Truist Field at Wake Forest is the venue where the Wake Forest Demon Deacons (3-0) will match up against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-2) on Saturday, September 23, 2023.
Last time out, the Demon Deacons defeated the Old Dominion Monarchs, 27-24. In their most recent outing, the Yellow Jackets took on the Ole Miss Rebels and lost by a final score of 48-23.
Mitch Griffis finished with 312 yards on 24-41 passing (58.5%) in the Demon Deacons’ last game, throwing three touchdowns and two interceptions. Justice Ellison ran for 86 yards on 16 attempts. Taylor Morin earned 112 yards on six receptions with two scores.
For the Yellow Jackets in their last game, Haynes King finished with 28 completions on 41 attempts (68.3%) for 307 yards, tossing two touchdowns, plus 14 rushing attempts for 42 yards and one rushing touchdown. Jamal Haynes carried the ball 19 times for 72 yards. He also posted three receptions for 28 yards Eric Singleton Jr. snagged five passes for 97 yards with one touchdown.
Want to bet on Wake Forest or Georgia Tech? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
Wake Forest Players to Watch
- Griffis has thrown for 837 yards while completing 61.9% of his passes (60-of-97), with eight touchdowns and three interceptions this year (279 yards per game).
- Demond Claiborne has 50 attempts for a team-high 269 rushing yards (89.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Tate Carney has rushed for 117 yards on 13 carries (117 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Jahmal Banks has racked up 18 receptions for 223 yards, best on his team, and three touchdowns. He averages 74.3 receiving yards per game.
- Morin’s stat line this year shows 12 catches for 176 yards and two touchdowns. He puts up 58.7 receiving yards per game.
- Wesley Grimes is averaging 57.3 yards per game, racking up eight receptions for 172 yards and one touchdown.
Georgia Tech Players to Watch
- King leads the team with 910 passing yards (303.3 yards per game) and has a 66.7% completion percentage this year (68-of-102) while throwing nine touchdowns with one interception. He also has 95 rushing yards on 25 carries with one touchdown, averaging 31.7 yards per game.
- Haynes has taken 39 carries for a team-leading 236 rushing yards (78.7 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown. He’s also caught nine passes for 86 yards (28.7 receiving yards per game).
- Trevion Cooley has rushed for 196 yards on 32 carries (65.3 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground this year. He also has six catches for 66 yards (22 per game) and one touchdown.
- Singleton Jr. has reeled in 10 passes for a team-high 200 yards with three touchdowns. He averages 66.7 yards per game.
- Malik Rutherford has chipped in with 14 catches for 179 yards this year. He puts up 59.7 receiving yards per game.
- This season Christian Leary is averaging 39.3 yards per game, with 10 catches for 118 yards.
Wake Forest vs. Georgia Tech Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Wake Forest||Georgia Tech|
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||33.3 (54)||35 (47)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||20.3 (50)||33.3 (111)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||5 (78)||4 (63)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||7 (11)||3 (82)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.