One of the top rushers in college football will be featured when Jacory Merritt and the New Mexico Lobos (1-2) visit the UMass Minutemen (1-3) on Saturday, September 23, 2023.
The Minutemen lost 59-14 last time out when they faced the Auburn Tigers. The Lobos fell short by a final score of 27-17 last time out against the New Mexico State Aggies.
In that last outing for the Minutemen, Carlos Davis completed 23 of 41 passing attempts (56.1%) and totaled 340 yards through the air, completing one touchdown pass but giving away three interceptions. Kay’Ron Adams had 26 rushing attempts and finished with 129 yards and one touchdown. Anthony Simpson ended the contest with four catches for 101 yards.
For the Lobos in their last game, Dylan Hopkins completed 20 of 39 passing attempts (51.3%) and totaled 247 yards through the air, connecting on one touchdown pass. Merritt had 16 rushing attempts and finished with 83 yards and one touchdown while also hauling in one reception for 31 yards. Jeremiah Hixon ended the contest with five catches for 45 yards.
Want to bet on UMass or New Mexico? Visit DraftKings Sportsbook to place your wager today!
UMass Players to Watch
- Davis has passed for 690 yards while completing 63% of his throws (51-of-81), with five touchdowns and three interceptions (230 yards per game).
- Adams has taken 71 carries for a team-leading 366 rushing yards (91.5 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Taisun Phommachanh has rushed for 130 yards on 25 carries (65 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- This season Simpson has 14 catches and leads the team with 289 yards (72.3 per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- George Johnson has also added 131 yards on 13 catches and one touchdown. He puts up 32.8 receiving yards per game this year.
- Christian Wells has totaled 108 yards on five receptions, averaging 27 yards per game.
New Mexico Players to Watch
- Hopkins leads the team with 635 passing yards (211.7 yards per game) and has a 60% completion percentage this year (48-of-80) while throwing five touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Merritt has taken 39 carries for a team-leading 295 rushing yards (98.3 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- So far this year Dorian Lewis has run for 110 yards on 19 carries (36.7 ypg).
- This season Donald Jones has five receptions for a team-high 125 receiving yards (41.7 per game) and one touchdown.
- Luke Wysong has contributed with six catches for 99 yards and one touchdown this year. He puts up 33 receiving yards per game.
- Hixon has collected 87 yards on 11 receptions, averaging 43.5 yards per game.
UMass vs. New Mexico Odds
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
Discover even more ways to bet on college football at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Team Stat Comparison
|Off. Points per Game (Rank)||25 (59)||27.7 (82)|
|Def. Points per Game (Rank)||37.3 (129)||29.7 (94)|
|Turnovers Allowed (Rank)||8 (119)||4 (60)|
|Turnovers Forced (Rank)||6 (23)||2 (105)|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.