The New York Yankees (76-74) and Toronto Blue Jays (83-67) square off in the first of a three-game series on Tuesday at Yankee Stadium, at 7:05 PM ET. The Yankees are coming off a series victory over the Pirates, and the Blue Jays a series win over the Red Sox.
The Yankees (-115 moneyline odds to win) play the Blue Jays (-105) in a projected tight contest. The total for this game is 8.
The betting trends in the article below use the latest odds as of September 19, 2023 at 7:12 PM ET. Ready to bet? Click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Yankees vs Blue Jays Betting Lines
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total|
Yankees Betting Insights
- This season, the Yankees have won 50 out of the 92 games, or 54.3%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York has a record of 45-35 in games when sportsbooks favor them by at least -115 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Yankees have a 53.5% chance to win.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 67 of 150 opportunities.
- In 150 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 74-76-0 ATS.
Yankees Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.8|
Blue Jays Betting Insights
- The Blue Jays have been chosen as underdogs in 36 games this year and have walked away with the win 20 times (55.6%) in those games.
- This year, Toronto has won 16 of 29 games when listed as at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have an implied victory probability of 51.2% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Toronto’s games have gone over the total in 64 of its 150 opportunities.
- In 150 games with a line this season, the Blue Jays have a mark of 68-82-0 against the spread.
Blue Jays Last 10 Games Trend
|Runs Per Game||3.4|
If you’re looking for a place to bet on the Yankees or Blue Jays, look no further than DraftKings Sportsbook, where you can use our link to get the best offer for new depositors!
Yankees Probable Pitcher – Clarke Schmidt
- When Schmidt starts, his team is 14-15-0 against the spread this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Thursday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Schmidt has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has finished five appearances without allowing an earned run in 30 chances this season.
- Schmidt’s team has a record of 10-10 this season when he starts and they are the favorite on the moneyline.
- In games Schmidt has started, his team is 13-16.
- In games Schmidt has started this season, the teams are 11-17-1 at hitting the over.
Yankees Relief Pitchers
Blue Jays Probable Pitcher – Yusei Kikuchi
- The Blue Jays are sending Kikuchi (9-6) to make his 30th start of the season as he goes for his 10th win. He is 9-6 with a 3.81 ERA and 163 strikeouts over 153 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the Texas Rangers, when he tossed five innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Kikuchi will aim to go five or more innings for his third straight start. He’s averaging 5.3 frames per outing.
- He has had four appearances this season that he kept his opponents to zero earned runs.
- The Blue Jays have been the moneyline underdog in 10 of Kikuchi’s starts this season, and they went 7-3 in those matchups.
- In Kikuchi’s 29 starts, his team is 18-11.
- Kikuchi has started 29 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 13 of them.
Blue Jays Relief Pitchers
Yankees Hitting Trends
- The Yankees have put up two or more round-trippers in 77 games this season, and are 58-19 in those contests.
- New York has collected at least five extra-base hits in 23 games this season, and has gone 19-4 in those outings.
- The team has collected at least eight hits in 87 games this season, and is 59-28 in those contests.
- New York is 55-16 in games this season when it scored five or more runs.
- The Yankees are 30-20 in games this season when they have drawn at least five walks.
Blue Jays Hitting Trends
- They have won 31 of the 45 games this season in which they hit two or more home runs.
- Toronto has won 23 of its 31 games with five or more extra-base hits this season.
- In 107 games this season with eight or more hits, they have a record of 72-35.
- Toronto has won 59 of its 74 games this season in which it scored more than four runs.
- They have won 30 of their 43 games this season in which they’ve drawn more than four free passes.
Yankees vs. Blue Jays Prediction
Moneyline Pick: Yankees (-115)
Over/Under Pick: Over (8)
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm derived from offensive performance metrics and probable starting pitchers.
Ready to bet? Check out our great offer for new users at DraftKings, no promo code required!
Odds subject to change. Not all offers available in all areas. See DraftKings for offer details, terms and conditions. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.