The Seattle Mariners (81-68) visit the Oakland Athletics (46-103) on Monday following a streak of three losses. First pitch is at 9:40 PM ET. The probable pitchers are Bryan Woo (3-4) for the Mariners and JP Sears (5-11) for the Athletics.
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Seattle vs. Oakland Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Monday, September 18, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum in Oakland, California
- How to Watch on TV: NSPCA
- Probable Pitchers: Woo – SEA (3-4, 4.16 ERA) vs Sears – OAK (5-11, 4.45 ERA)
Watch MLB games this season on DISH!
Mariners vs. Athletics Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Mariners Probable Starting Pitcher: Bryan Woo
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he went 5 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- The 23-year-old has an ERA of 4.16, with 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in 15 games this season. Opponents have a .221 batting average against him.
- Woo is trying to collect his sixth quality start of the year in this game.
- In three of his 15 total appearances this season he has not allowed an earned run.
- Woo’s team is 8-7-0 against the spread in his starts this season.
- Out of Woo’s 15 starts with a total this season, seven have hit the over.
Woo’s Recent Performance
|vs. Angels||Sep. 12||5.2||4||0||0||8||0|
|at Reds||Sep. 4||5.0||4||5||5||0||3|
|vs. Athletics||Aug. 28||6.0||3||0||0||5||1|
|at White Sox||Aug. 22||4.0||3||1||1||3||1|
|at Angels||Aug. 3||6.0||4||2||2||6||2|
Athletics Probable Starting Pitcher: JP Sears
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in six innings pitched against the Houston Astros on Wednesday.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 4.45 and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .240 in 29 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start nine times in 29 starts this season.
- He has three appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 29 chances this season.
- The 27-year-old ranks 35th in ERA (4.45), 28th in WHIP (1.230), and 30th in K/9 (8.2) among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
- The Athletics have gone 16-13-0 against the spread when Sears starts.
- Sears has had 29 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in 14 of those matchups.
Sears’ Recent Performance
|at Astros||Sep. 12||6.0||5||2||2||3||2|
|vs. Blue Jays||Sep. 6||5.0||4||1||1||3||4|
|vs. Angels||Sep. 1||6.0||4||0||0||3||2|
|at White Sox||Aug. 26||6.0||9||6||6||8||2|
|vs. Orioles||Aug. 20||4.0||9||7||7||4||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.