The Arizona Diamondbacks (79-72) host the San Francisco Giants (76-74) on Tuesday to kick off a two-game series at Chase Field. The contest begins at 9:40 PM ET. The Diamondbacks will give the nod to Zac Gallen (15-8) versus the Giants and Alex Cobb (7-6).
Bet on this matchup: Sign up for DraftKings using our link and earn a first-time depositor bonus!
Arizona vs. San Francisco Pitcher Matchup Info
- When: Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET
- Where: Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
- How to Watch on TV: BSAZ
- Probable Pitchers: Gallen – ARI (15-8, 3.50 ERA) vs Cobb – SF (7-6, 3.62 ERA)
Catch MLB games on DIRECTV STREAM! Start your free trial now to watch live sports, entertainment and On Demand TV.
Diamondbacks vs. Giants Starting Pitcher Stats (2023)
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher: Zac Gallen
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed five innings against the New York Mets, giving up six earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 28-year-old has a 3.50 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings in 31 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .232 to opposing hitters.
- Gallen has registered 19 quality starts this year.
- In seven of his appearances this season he did not allow an earned run.
- The 28-year-old’s 3.50 ERA ranks 15th, 1.106 WHIP ranks 13th, and 9.3 K/9 ranks 19th among qualifying pitchers this season.
- When Gallen starts, his team is 16-15-0 against the spread this season.
- Out of Gallen’s 31 starts with a total this season, 15 have hit the over.
Gallen’s Recent Performance
|at Mets||Sep. 13||5.0||8||7||6||4||2|
|at Cubs||Sep. 8||9.0||3||0||0||9||1|
|vs. Orioles||Sep. 3||5.1||8||5||5||4||1|
|at Dodgers||Aug. 28||5.1||9||6||6||3||3|
|vs. Rangers||Aug. 22||6.0||7||1||1||11||1|
Giants Probable Starting Pitcher: Alex Cobb
- The right-hander gave up no earned runs and allowed three hits in five innings pitched against the Cleveland Guardians on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
- The 35-year-old has an ERA of 3.62, a 3.61 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.299 in 27 games this season.
- He has 11 quality starts in 27 chances this season.
- He has made 27 appearances and finished seven of them without allowing an earned run.
- The Giants have a 15-12-0 record against the spread in Cobb’s starts.
- Cobb’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in eight of 27 contests.
Cobb’s Recent Performance
|vs. Guardians||Sep. 11||5.0||3||2||0||2||1|
|at Padres||Sep. 3||3.0||6||4||4||3||0|
|vs. Reds||Aug. 29||9.0||1||1||1||8||1|
|at Phillies||Aug. 23||5.0||5||2||2||4||0|
|at Braves||Aug. 18||5.2||8||4||4||3||2|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit DraftKings for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.